D&D 5E Baldur’s Gate: Descent in to Avernus Table of Contents

The table of contents of Baldur’s Gate: Descent in to Avernus as well as the first two pages have appeared on the Amazon page!

avernus1.jpg

avernus2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmm. Six new stat blocks, possibly seven depending on whether Zariel's stats are the same here as is MTOF, but no additional Archdevil stat blocks. Bel was originally defined as a Pit Fiend, and I'd expect he has lost the power boost that drawing off of Zariel gave him, so presumably standard Pit Fiend stats could represent him (I hope he appears in the adventure as he was a former Lord of the Nine and might be again, perhaps, if Zariel leaves. If he doesn't wind up in charge again, I'm at a loss as to who it'll be.) Somewhat disappointed that there are no new Archdevil stats but writing an adventure where they could all be used would be a challenge. The new material covering Avernus will be useful as - let's face it - that's about as far as most adventurers are going to get into the Nine Hells... nice touch that they mentioned Gargoth, the "lost Lord of the Nine" in Forgotten Realms material... maybe HE takes over? Also, there are a lot of outcast Devils on the First Layer, and the PCs might encounter them (many are quite interesting) if the DM wants to include them. Not necessarily in this specific adventure, but at some point, given all the material provided about Avernus - why only have the PCs visit once? Not everything I was hoping for, but certainly sounds worth the purchase.

Last edited:

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Now I'm interested!

For those who didn't know, Elturel was the focus for one of the best, long-running, and most interesting storylines during 4e Living Forgotten Realms. It ran all the way to the end of LFR and included epic tier and multi-table events. Seeing it here makes me piques my interest as I wonder how much of that story will be a factor in this adventure.

I must admit, I do like the way these adventures try to incorporate more than just a single idea or elements from adventures and sources of previous editions.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases