Blizzard at Revel's End (OOC) Temporary Hiatus

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Yes, but you get to be level FOUR. (Everyone else is level 3). Prisoners get to roll their stats and a bonus feat, Staff get an uncommon magic item and use point-buy. I'm just playing with the concept of balance, for my own amusement.
Yes. But there's also that 8...
Still, will do, for your own amusement.

I'm thinking more of a roped in unofficial staff wizard (guest build). Although, with wizards not 1st level, I always have to ask if they have any access to spells beyond the minimum for the wizard class.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
For approval:
  • Goblin chosen as a language, unless there are other groups of known humanoids around, in which case he'll take that. (are there local raiders, perhaps?)
  • some subs in the background. Leatherworking taken, though I was thinking about a Scrimshaw kit.
  • Hermit background taken. Open to suggestions for discovery. Perhaps he knows a summery glen magically hidden amidst the ice, or a lost tribe. But I'm open for anything, or somethign TBD.
  • Still thinking about Primal Savagery (XGTE) as a cantrip. Might take something else.

Doc Halfhand.
NG Goliath Druid 4
d9p5tby-27a7778b-6d86-4b35-be1a-7f02320ae6c9.png

Doc has been coming here for ages, it seems, always helping when the weather turns rough and the food is short. All the prisoners grumble when they’re only given a berry to eat, but when doc’s around no one gets frostbite, and if they’re sick he usually has them on their feet the next day. Doc’s a quiet one, for sure, and he never explains how he lost those three fingers. Some say they were eaten by one of the mountain creatures. Others say they broke off in the cold before he learned how to heal that sort of thing. Some even say he served a spell here, but no one still alive remembers him as a prisoner, or they don’t admit it if they do. What motivates him, and why the Warden lets him into the cells, and where he goes when he's not here, no one here knows.

Abilities:
STR 14 (+2)
DEX 8 (-1)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 10 (0) [save +2]
WIS 17 (+3) [save +5]
CHA 14 (+2)

Size M
Speed 30
AC 12 (with shield)
Init -1
Hit Points: 31 (4d8)

Proficiency bonus: +2
Proficiencies: light/medium armour (no metal), shield, druid weapons
Skills: Athletics, Survival, Perception, Medicine, Nature
Tools: Herbalism Kit, Leatherworker’s Tools
Languages: Common, Giant, Druidic, Goblin [or some local humanoid]

Attacks:
Primal Savagery: 1d20+5 damage = 1d10 acid.
Produce Flame: 1d20+5, damage = 1d8 fire, range 30’.
Spear: 1d20+4, damage = 1d6+2, range 20’/60’

Background: Hermit
  • (Nature subbed for Religion, Leatherworker’s tools for Herbalism kit.)
  • Discovery [TO BE DETERMINED]

Moon Druid abilities:
* Spellcasting (DC 13, attack mod +5). Ritual casting
-- Cantrips: Produce Flame, Mending, Primal Savagery
-- 7 spells known (level+WIS)
-- slots: 4/3.
* Wildshape. 2/rest, transform into a beast for 2 hours (level/2) as a bonus action, CR1 (no flying)
-- bonus action to spend spell slot for +1d8/level HP.

Current spells:
(1) Goodberry, Faerie Fire, Entangle, (2) Lesser Restoration, Moonbeam, Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit

Race abilities:
  • Powerful Build (count as L for carrying)
  • Mountain Born (acclimated to high altitude and cold climates)
  • Stone’s Endurance (use reaction 1/rest to reduce damage by 1d12+2)

Skills:
-1 (dex) Acrobatics
+3 (wis) Animal Handling
+0 (int) Arcana
+4 (str) Athletics*
+2 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History
+5 (wis) Insight*
+2 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation
+5 (wis) Medicine*
+2 (int) Nature*

+3 (wis) Perception
+2 (cha) Performance
+2 (cha) Persuasion
+0 (int) Religion
-1 (dex) Sleight of Hand
-1 (dex) Stealth
+5 (wis) Survival*

Equipment:
Leather armour
Wooden Shield
Spear
Explorer’s pack
Druidic focus (scrimshaw dragon or dinosaur tooth on necklace)
Common clothes
Winter Blanket
Herbalism Kit
Scroll case filled with my notes
5gp

Brown Bear Form: S+4 D+0 C+3 I+0 W+3 X+2
HP 34, AC 11, 40’, climb 30’, L
Perc +5 (adv. Smell)
Multiattack:
-- Bite +5, 1d8+4 piercing.
-- Claws +5, 2d6+4 slashing.

Dire Wolf Form: S+3 D+2 C+2 I+0 W+3 X+2
HP 37, AC 14, 50’, L
Perc +5 (adv. Hear/Smell), Stealth +4
Pack Tactics: Advantage if ally w/in 5’
Attack: Bite +5, 2d6+3, Strength vs. DC 13 or Prone.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
For those of you working on Prisoners, here's what RotFM has to say about what kind of folk are locked up there:

"To be imprisoned in Revel’s End, one must have committed a serious crime against one or more members of the Lords' Alliance and been sentenced to a lengthy period of incarceration (typically a year or more). Moreover, the offender must have political connections that make incarceration in another facility less dependable. Captured spies, for example, are often brought here to cool their heels."

I guess while I'm sharing that, I'll share who works there (aside from guards, kitchen staff, maintenance, and medical:

"Each member of the Lords’ Alliance assigns one representative to Revel’s End, and together they form a parole committee called the Absolution Council. Rarely are all ten council members present, since Revel’s End offers little in the way of comfort and amenities. If the council needs a tie-breaking vote to determine whether to commute a prisoner’s sentence, the prison warden—a neutral arbiter with no ties to any Lords’ Alliance member—casts the deciding vote."

(The Warden and senior members of the Absolution Council will be NPCs, but if you chose "staff" you will most likely be a member of the Absolution Council. Though we could make you a guard or other staff if you prefer.)

Ok I am fleshing out my concept.

My character is the illegitimate son of a very prestigious noble family. Not just illegitimate but he was also plane touched. His father couldn't have the scandal so he banished his mother and him from the kingdom. They had to scrape by to survive.

He became a pirate and specifically targets his father's ships as a form of revenge for what he did. Eventually he is caught and thrown into the prison to make him go away.

Remove ads