Blizzard at Revel's End (OOC) Temporary Hiatus

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
As staff ....

3 options, what works best with your campaign?
1. GOO Warlock (daft, administrative)
2. Way of the Kensei (guard, perhaps)
3. Swashbuckler

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As staff ....

3 options, what works best with your campaign?
1. GOO Warlock (daft, administrative)
2. Way of the Kensei (guard, perhaps)
3. Swashbuckler

I'm good with any of those. I wouldn't mind seeing a Kensei (not to mention having a PC that represents the guards - I suspect that jmucchiello's wizard will make more sense as part of the admin staff).

Curious about experience. How are doing level ups? If you go with guest and have the bonus level, how will that play out in the future when other level up to 4th level?

(I'm still on the fence between staff and guest)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Thanks!

I am going to do a little off-line research today and tonight, and then post a character. Probably a Kensei loosely based on the oeuvre of Devo, but I might switch it. Switch it real good. :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Curious about experience. How are doing level ups? If you go with guest and have the bonus level, how will that play out in the future when other level up to 4th level?

(I'm still on the fence between staff and guest)

I've got an idea for you being a friend of the Warden, so that could make you count as a "guest" if you like. I plan for this story to be a relatively short one, so I might not do a level-up, but if I do, I'll probably just say "level up" and everyone gets a bump. Now, level 5 is a LOT better than level four, so I might add something for those left behind. I dunno yet. I'll probably only worry about it if we decide to do a sequel. (If we're all having a good time, maybe the prisoners will get pardoned for whatever they do because of "heroic behaviour", or whatever, and we can go do another scenario elsewhere in Icewind Dale. My plan right now is for something we can actually finish in a reasonable amount of time.

Oh! In answer to your earlier question, if you're Staff, you get 4 extra spells for your spellbook. If you're a Guest, you get "only" two extras (for your level).

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I’ll probably need a few days to finish the character, as I’m on holiday and only have my mobile. Do you have a deadline for finished characters yet?
One more thing to consider: We should probably figure out how long we have been incarcerated. Years might be a bit of a stretch, but months could work.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
One more thing to consider: We should probably figure out how long we have been incarcerated. Years might be a bit of a stretch, but months could work.

Somebody out of the prisoners should be newly arrived (I'm gonna start the game with a prelude - the last ship of the season arrives with replacement staff, winter stores, and new prisoners.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Room for one more? I had 2 ideas pop up in my head. Both were prisoner ideas, though.

One would be a berserker barbarian with the tavern brawler feat. He would have been here the "moderate" amount of time, though I could make him a new arrival, if you like. Otherwise maybe a warlock of some kind.

What mostly sparked my ideas were two things:

1. There's a "flaw" in the lists that is "Someone is in prison for something I did, and I am okay with that." I want to be THAT guy, the guy that's in prison. If I did this, I'd love for one of the guests to be the person on the other end of that flaw, the one that is the reason he is in prison.
2. Alternatively, my character is "the man in the iron mask." He's been here so long, he's part of the furniture. He is never getting out. No one thinks he is particularly dangerous, or really knows why he is there. He's masked. And he's the rightful lord and heir of X (maybe Neverwinter, playing off of a character hook from the 4E Neverwinter supplement?). Someone that poses a real challenge to Lord Neverember's claim on the throne.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases