Blizzard at Revel's End (OOC) Temporary Hiatus

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
They're in 30 lbs blocks, so not too many before they'd start getting cumbersome. (Also, if it's not immediately obvious, they are flammable. I don't know exactly how flammable they are in real life, but since this is D&D let's say "nearly explosive" (because that's more fun).)

I just looked it up: Whale Oil is subject to spontaneous combustion when soaked in rags and exposed to air.

This is about to get crazy. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've been waffling on whether I want to play-out or handwave the enormous slew of NPCs. I've decided to play it out, but seeing as I am much, much faster at running stuff when I'm not on a computer, I'm playing it with my son, and I'll just post what happens (story-wise) here (so don't expect me to post rolls - they happened with real dice). I'll proper-post anything that directly occurs with your PCs, though.

Pure Chaos. Wait and see. I'll try to get to writing it up ASAP (any sign of @Snarf Zagyg Razum? If I don't see him soon, I'll just have the Lizardman run for the lift for now).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
For anyone's who's interested, I identified the ship's officers in the RG thread (I'll put it here so you don't have to look it up:)

Captain Halehearty is an aging stout halfing who's spent most of his life at sea.
Mate Johan Barrie is a sly, capable man of unknown origin.
Ship's Cleric Iyatisi is an acolyte of Waukeen (merchant god) originally from Chult
Bosun Dorgar "Dogger" Gummor is a shield dwarf carpenter and bosun

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Very cool that you’re running the NPC actions with your son, sounds like a cool activities to do with your kids. Mine are a bit too young (4 and 1) but you’re giving me ideas for the future ;-)

For the feats, thanks again. You’re absolutely right that those are the one I wanted, not withstanding my brain fart when I originally posed the character sheet.

Regarding the reaction attack, and the bonus action attack, I could also always roll and post the attack & damage rolls, even if they don’t apply. The timing of these attacks could have an impact, especially in the current case where Thorbin 1 hit kills the attackers. Doing it the round after means the ennemies get an attack, whereas if he hits them as an aoo reaction attack as they enter his reach, they won’t even get close enough to touch him.

On land, there would eventually be a donut shaped pile of bodies around him. I wonder how many he needs to kill to get cover from ranged weapons ;-)
Cheers

SG

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Very cool that you’re running the NPC actions with your son, sounds like a cool activities to do with your kids. Mine are a bit too young (4 and 1) but you’re giving me ideas for the future ;-)

For the feats, thanks again. You’re absolutely right that those are the one I wanted, not withstanding my brain fart when I originally posed the character sheet.

Regarding the reaction attack, and the bonus action attack, I could also always roll and post the attack & damage rolls, even if they don’t apply. The timing of these attacks could have an impact, especially in the current case where Thorbin 1 hit kills the attackers. Doing it the round after means the ennemies get an attack, whereas if he hits them as an aoo reaction attack as they enter his reach, they won’t even get close enough to touch him.

On land, there would eventually be a donut shaped pile of bodies around him. I wonder how many he needs to kill to get cover from ranged weapons ;-)
Cheers

SG
Yeah, you could do it that way if you prefer. I think KahlessNestor (for example) would do it that way. I'd certainly use it if it was there and came up.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Let me know if I missed mentioning anyone. That was pure chaos. I apologise if that's a bit overwhelming. I said I didn't want to keep updating the map, but here's one more because quite a bit has changed (I think you should be able to figure out who's-who, but feel free to ask if it's a thing for you:

RevelsDock3.jpg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@Kobold Stew you definitely can't catch the crab - it's 110' up (I let you get away with reaching for it last time, when it should have been 50' up (I kind of think of everything as happening simultaneously, so while it was 50' up by the end of round 1, you might have caught him before he got there. By the end of round 2 he's 110' up. He'll crest the top at the end of this round.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
There's a few cases where I can't remember what I wrote in my head (I thought about it while walking the dog) and what got down in the actual posts. So if anything is unclear, feel free to ask about it.

If this encounter looks "deadly" I suppose it is, but hang in there. I didn't think the sahuagin would send a force insufficient for their task. Still, think of this more as "drive them off" than "kill them to the last fish-man".

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I think Thorbin gets a reaction attack from the whale or the rider, if within reach, before the round starts (assuming they appeared within reach last round before this one started). Just in case, I’ll post attack & damage (preference for the rider, but he’ll stab the whale if he can’t reach the rider) and I’ll always include in the rolls for the current round (is a fish men approached him, Thorbin should get another Aoo this round).
Cheers,

sg

Remove ads