WotBS Bonus adventures in the WotBS hardcover

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We'll have a special treat for you in the WotBS hardcover. Space depending, we will be including between the following extra adventures. These adventurers are "sidequests" - they can be run alongside the main campaign saga with separate characters, as one-offs in the same world, or in-between the main adventurers.

The default approach - and the way we'll encourage people to use these adventures - is to run them with entirely separate groups of characters, so as to give your players the sense that, while they are moving through the core of the story, the war is still going on around them and others are accomplishing heroic deeds also.

A Harvest of Hope Forlorn by Tan Shao Han for 7th level adventurers.
A civil war is brewing in Dassen. In the meantime, Leska has dispatched an army to annex the kingdom. The heroes, in the town of Liederhafen, investigate rumurs of a mysterious cache of magical weaponry, and soon discover that they are the victims of a murderous conspiracy.

Moral Dilemmas by Chris Longhurst for 6th level adventurers.
As a blizzard hits them in the depths of winter, near the mountain borders of Shahalesti, the heroes are forced to hole up in a small cave-camp occupied by a band of elven guerilla warriors and their captive, an erinyes devil with valuable information. The heroes will be forced to make a difficult decision between the crazed, cruel Shahalesti commander and the unspeakably evil erinyes, Asura.

More Spies in the Steam Tunnels by Ronnie Snyder for 5th level adventurers. Deep beneath the streets of Seaquen, the elemental planes of fire and water meet to create the rising steam which serves to warm the city in the depths of winter. Now, as an unnatural cold snap hits the town, the steam suddenly stops, and the people of Seaquen huddle in their homes, unable to fight the bitter cold. Can the heroes solve the mystery and save the town?

Dreamcatcher by Thurston Hillman for 15th level adventurers.
A trillith who calls itself Wanderer passes through Seaquen, appearing as a tall man, wrapped head to toe in sandy robes and veils, with a staff that curves at the top, ending in a knot that looks like an eye. He is collecting the dreams of the city’s inhabitants — many of whom are refugees who have seen great horrors and tragedies — to be distilled and refined in order to torment Trilla and create new, unique trillith. He lurks on the Wayfarer’s Theater, enjoying the psychic emanations of people watching their performances.

The Old Fashioned Way by Jeff Vincent for 8th level adventurers.
The heroes are tasked to enter Ragos, the capital city of Ragesia, and locate a man called Rowern, the head of Ragesia’s army intelligence. The trail leads to the Wiseman brewery, where Rowern likes to spend his evenings drinking with his old army buddies.

Last edited:

I am really excited about this.

I'm lokoing forward to seeing how other people have interpreted the setting and the adventure hooks. (The adventure ideas are in the Campaign Guide, if anyone didn't realise.) Hopefully none of the adventures end up having to get cut for space or other reasons.

I'm also keeping my fingers, toes and everything else crossed that "The Old Fashioned Way" doesn't get cut, since I wrote it and I've never had anything published before.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Maps are coming in for the above adventures. Here are the first maps - I'm adding them all to this post, so keep checking back. I'm sure the respective authors will get a kick out of seeing their maps as and when they arrive!

Attachments

• Final Steam Tunnels.jpg
    Final Steam Tunnels.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Vule.jpg
    Vule.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Brewery.jpg
    Brewery.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 147
  • caves.jpg
    caves.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 144
  • tower.jpg
    tower.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Rugult

On Call GM
A full fledged demi-plane!? Looks like my petty maps are beat. Man, I can't wait to see all of these cool adventures in the final product.

osarusan

Explorer
Wow!

Oh wow! That's awesome. I was pondering buying the hardcover set before (I'm REALLY enjoying the digital version) and I think this seals the deal for me.

Will the hardcover come in both 4e and 3.5e versions? Or just 3.5e?

Nebten

First Post
I hate to be a negative influence, but are these side-adventures really worth it? They are meant to be played by "other-adventurers" that are not apart of the main story line. So you interupt your reguarlly scheduled game and play some throw away characters for a few sessions, then go back to your main PCs. The regular PCs could only play in two of them without traveling a long distance.
I know as a player I wouldn't like this disruption, and as a DM I wouldn't even consider this option.
I would much rather see resources be used to print out large regional and/or plot point maps.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I hate to be a negative influence, but are these side-adventures really worth it? They are meant to be played by "other-adventurers" that are not apart of the main story line. So you interupt your reguarlly scheduled game and play some throw away characters for a few sessions, then go back to your main PCs. The regular PCs could only play in two of them without traveling a long distance.
I know as a player I wouldn't like this disruption, and as a DM I wouldn't even consider this option.

They're not compulsory. Feel free not to use them.

I would much rather see resources be used to print out large regional and/or plot point maps.

If you have any examples of maps you particularly want to see (bearing in mind that maps are FRICKIN' expensive, and we expect to sell, like, 7 copies of this book total), NOW is the time to speak up. Because it is very close to the point of no return.

So what would you like to see?

Last edited:

Volaran

First Post

I'm not sure about the others, but I know the one Rugult/Thurston submitted was intended to be used with the characters working though the main adventure.

Then again, there is a section of adventure 6 where you have the option to play as a different set of characters briefly, and it was fantastic.

Remove ads