ZEITGEIST Book 5 Dwarf Bomb

ediz

Explorer
Anyway, I am a bit confused about how the party can completely defuse the bomb. It says how they can make it less deadly but not what is necessary to get it to stop. Is it to just cut all of the wires or has it to do with the mechanism. And if so what would be the DC for Pathfinder?

It's been so long I'd forgotten, but apparently we revised the text a bit between the original release and the Act One compilation. See below.

"If the party manages to successfully cut all seven wires, the bomb is disarmed."

Attachments

• YouHaveNoChanceToSurvive.png
    YouHaveNoChanceToSurvive.png
    282.7 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:

ediz

Explorer
That is different than my version: An early detonation is less destructive, perhaps only collapsing the subrail tunnel, but it certainly kills any PCs nearby. The danger gets progressively worse, and by the time the train reaches Golden Point the bomb is primed enough that a detonation would create a thirty-foot wide crater. If the party manages to successfully cut all seven wires to phlogis-ton, they can keep the bomb from getting any more dangerous, but it will eventually go off unless they can deactivate the whole thing. The choice is up to the party.

Remove ads