D&D Movie/TV Bridgerton Star Regé-Jean Page Joins D&D Movie

Regé-Jean Page has joined the cast of the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie - which currently has Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, and Justice Smith attached - in a leading role, according to Hollywood Reporter. He played the Duke of Hastings in the period drama which is Netflix's biggest ever show.

BRIDGERTON_108_Unit_01959R.jpg

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Nice casting news, but I'd frankly have a lot more faith in the film if they began referring to it as, say, The Crystal Shard or Dragons of Autumn Twilight or similar. Those are the names of successful, interesting, and popular stories.

"Dungeons & Dragons," on the other hand, is quite the opposite. As a movie, anyway.
Meepo: a Dungeons & Dragons Story

Actually that reminds me of a fantastic Story Hour from long, long ago, in which the characters were making their way through the Sunless Citadel. The Story Hour was written from the perspective of Meepo, who was pulling a Gollum / Smeagol and acting nice while planning on how he would kill the adventurers and feed them to his dragon!

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
What the hell is a firbolg?
A playable race in D&D 5E.

I always notice hair in period-piece tv series and movies that were made in different decades. Choose any consistently popular literary work, and you can probably find tv/film adaptations from every decade of the last 80-100 years or so, and in every case the hair and costumes will be heavily influenced by the fashions of when that adaptation was made. And what the adaptation chooses to stress from the original work will change based on the norms of the time, the film-makers' interests, etc. I'm reminded of what someone said about the original Star Trek series once: it's not about people in the future, it's about people from the U.S in the 1960s in the future. ;)

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Also I think I'm in the minority for this one, but I would love it if the movie had a framing device in which all these celebrities, playing themselves, were gathering together for a casual D&D game at one of their houses. Start the movie with them catching up, ordering pizza (I'll give you my Wand of Magic Missile if we can have anchovies on the pizza!), sharing baby pictures... And then the movie ends with them looking forward to next week's game!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Does there need to be a distinction of character classes in the game? Does it need a call-out to class and race and sub-class and feats and ability scores and such to be a good D&D movie?

I mean, if a character throws a fireball and fights with a sword and heals someone with a spell and rages and casts a ritual and turns undead and backstabs someone and changes shape into an animal, will people freak out that it's too many class abilities stuffed into one character for a D&D movie?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases