Brief me on the CUE system

Mercule

Adventurer
The front page news mentioned Shadowrun Anarchy, which is powered by the CUE system. I couldn't find much, online, about how the CUE system plays, other than it's light-weight and narrative. I saw one mention that said it's GM-less, which makes it sound like it goes even further that Fate in being narrative driven. That seems an extremely odd choice for a game with as much combat potential as (traditional) Shadowrun.

Anyone with some knowledge willing to enlighten me on the system?

Note: As much as I loved Shadowrun, back in the day, I have way less interest in cyberpunk than I used to. My main interest is in just familiarizing myself with some of the newer systems, especially lightweight ones that could be cross-genre, especially fantasy, or from which I could rip ideas to improve my Fate or D&D games. Which isn't to say I don't care about the application in Shadowrun, just that I'm more curious about the system than the setting.

5ekyu

Hero
The front page news mentioned Shadowrun Anarchy, which is powered by the CUE system. I couldn't find much, online, about how the CUE system plays, other than it's light-weight and narrative. I saw one mention that said it's GM-less, which makes it sound like it goes even further that Fate in being narrative driven. That seems an extremely odd choice for a game with as much combat potential as (traditional) Shadowrun.

Anyone with some knowledge willing to enlighten me on the system?

Note: As much as I loved Shadowrun, back in the day, I have way less interest in cyberpunk than I used to. My main interest is in just familiarizing myself with some of the newer systems, especially lightweight ones that could be cross-genre, especially fantasy, or from which I could rip ideas to improve my Fate or D&D games. Which isn't to say I don't care about the application in Shadowrun, just that I'm more curious about the system than the setting.
https://rpggeek.com/rpgsystem/25150/cue-system

Mercule

Adventurer
Thanks. I did find that, via the Google, but it doesn't really have much meat to it. I still don't "get" the system.

Does the "Lead Narrator" rotate by session, scene, some other mechanic? Or is it just a new way of talking about troop-type play from Ars Magicka?

Is every die roll d12 v d20? That seems crazy random, which isn't what I'd think of for narrative play.

Is there enough of a framework to hang some magic off it?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases