Bugs on the Downloads pages (please forward to developers)

Hello Morrus,

I know you get a lot of complaints regarding things not working on the website even though you are not responsible for them because you are using commercial software. I noticed some things wrong with the section of this website that I use the most: the download section. I would like to ask you if you can make a ticket for these bugs at the software developer's page (DragonByte® Technologies), if you haven't done so already. I looked into doing it myself, but creating a ticket seems to be something only paying costumers can do, so I am turning to you.

These are the bugs that I have stumbled upon, regarding the download pages:

• The 'Download All Files' button is not working, because there is a line break between "downloadid=" and the attachment number (e.g. "1180") in the <button onclick="location.href:=> html block.
  • Some files are missing on server side, but are still appearing in the download section. This only seems to happen when I am editing the download and delete some files, and also navigate to the download page in another tab, while I am still editing the download (i.e. have not press "save" at the bottom of the page).
  • The 'Last Updated' in the download's .... is not updating. It is stuck on the 'Last Updated' that was shown when the 'Last Updated' line was introduced (i.e. the 'Last Updated' line has never worked and might as well be removed).
  • The download rating buttons (the up and down arrows) have not worked since the introduction of the 'Last Updated' line (among other updates). This seems to be the result of a line break between "data-" and "downloadid" in the <a> html block.
  • The problem of classes having a line break after a hyphen seems to be occurring all over the page, some having no effect on the site's functionality, while others do. This seems to be the result of how the code is parsed to a string to form the html. Things at the end of the line get put on the new line because of the hyphenation. It can all be avoided by using non-break hyphens (&#8209) instead of normal hyphens, but that might not be compatible with the rest of the code. I don't know of any other way this might be avoided, but there probably are several.

You are probably best of referring them to the source code of one of the download page's here, there you can see all the faulty line breaks.

Thank you in advance!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases