Campaign Guide: Shackled City Legacy PbP Game (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
:D
[sblock="For Tellerian Hawke"] Kane's Map.jpg

1. Order of the Silver Hand
- 1a. The Halls of the Silver Hand (residences)
2. Knobel House (residence)
- 2a. Redshirt Hall (exclusive tavern)
3. Disciples of the Bloodsun
- 3a. Disciple Dormitory[/sblock]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
What I seek approval on is the following spell, which comes from the official WoTC archives, and was published on their website as "freebie" supplemental material:

I think it will be okay, but I want to make sure it`s balanced for v.3.5. 1 action will be 1 standard action, of course. And I want the spell to go up to either Clr 3 or Clr4. Either that or the bonus drops to +10 (or +15) instead of +20, if we keep it as a 2nd-level spell.

Guidance of the Avatar
Divination
Level: Clr 4 (maybe Clr3)
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 minute or until discharged
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

Your deity's chosen avatar imbues the subject with divine power. The creature gets a +20 competence bonus on a single skill check and must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.

OR

Guidance of the Avatar
Divination
Level: Clr 2

Your deity's chosen avatar imbues the subject with divine power. The creature gets a +10 competence bonus on a single skill check and must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.

Another option is to have two versions of the spell. The first one is a second-level cleric spell that gives a +10 bonus called Lesser Guidance of the Avatar. And the higher level spell is 4th-level cleric spell, which gives the full +20.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Knightfall said:
"Another option is to have two versions of the spell. The first one is a second-level cleric spell that gives a +10 bonus called Lesser Guidance of the Avatar. And the higher level spell is 4th-level cleric spell, which gives the full +20."

I think that's spot on, and agree whole-heartedly. Makes perfect sense to me :)

P.S. I will be swapping out one of my 2nd level spells for Lesser Guidance. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Guidance of the Avatar spells

I decided to make three versions of the spell with a Greater version that gives the +20 bonus as a 6th-level spell.

Lesser Guidance of the Avatar
Divination
Level: Clr 2

Your deity's chosen avatar imbues the subject with divine power. The creature gets a +10 competence bonus on a single skill check and must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.

Guidance of the Avatar
Divination
Level: Clr 4

Your deity's chosen avatar imbues the subject with divine power. The creature gets a +15 competence bonus on a single skill check and must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.

Greater Guidance of the Avatar
Divination
Level: Clr 6

Your deity's chosen avatar imbues the subject with divine power. The creature gets a +20 competence bonus on a single skill check and must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The levels of the spells could become 3rd, 5th, and 7th, if it turns out the spells are to powerful. I think they're fine the way they are, but we'll see how the Lesser one plays in game. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=6790669]Tellerian Hawke[/MENTION], note that the PCs gain a bonus feat at 1st-level, as per this post: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...(Open)/page3&p=7071510&viewfull=1#post7071510

I didn't see a feat on your PC sheet that notes it as a bonus, and before you ask, no it can't be an Exalted feat. It must be from the PHB with the restrictions noted in the post.

Plus, the PCs gain a bonus in gp of 1,000 for the creation of a signature item.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases