Campaign Guide: Shackled City Legacy PbP Game (Game Cancelled)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Knightfall said:
The levels of the spells could become 3rd, 5th, and 7th, if it turns out the spells are to powerful. I think they're fine the way they are, but we'll see how the Lesser one plays in game. :)

I agree with you; I think they're fine as they are. You and I are both the type of DM who takes the conservative approach, ha ha. I can see the reasoning behind the original spell being 2nd level; the first level spell, True Strike, gives you a +20 to hit, and a character of ANY level can "Take 20" on a given skill check, provided there is ample time, no distractions, and no penalty for failure.

What the Guidance spell does, however, is allow you to take 20 in any event, regardless of distractions, and penalties for failure. Getting a bonus to a skill check is not too much to ask for a 2nd level spell, but I agree that +20 may be a bit much. I think splitting it into 3 spells was a good move. :)

Cheers! :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
ATTN: [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]
[sblock="Only for JustinCase"]Brother Pi's Homeland
Brother Pi's Homeland Map.jpg[/sblock]
FYI, this map is based off the original version of the map on KWJ not the updated version, which now has way too many icons on it for it to be used in this manner/scale.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI: [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION],

I just bought a copy of Oriental Adventures Way of the Ninja. Do you have access to that book? If so, you can use any of the feats in the Introduction not tied to any specific clan or to Void Use. The feats are for v.3.0, but we can alter them as we go.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
FYI: [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION],

I just bought a copy of Oriental Adventures Way of the Ninja. Do you have access to that book? If so, you can use any of the feats in the Introduction not tied to any specific clan or to Void Use. The feats are for v.3.0, but we can alter them as we go.

Sadly, no. I do have the Oriental Adventures book, but didn't find what I was looking for (except perhaps a prestige class if/when we get to the appropriate level).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sadly, no. I do have the Oriental Adventures book, but didn't find what I was looking for (except perhaps a prestige class if/when we get to the appropriate level).
Oh well, it was on my list to buy anyway. (I held off on getting the Way of the Thief book.)

Remove ads