Catwoman is gonna rule the world

Jamdin

Explorer
I like the fact that she has a whip. The mask and the gloves are not too bad now that I have seen them "live" but the rest just sucks. Maybe they should have just left DC's Catwoman out of the mix and called the movie "Cat B*tch!"

Klaus

First Post
If they wanted a vehicle for Halle Berry to show her stuff and kick ass and be her own franchise, why not choose another character instead of Catwoman (and not even be related to Catwoman)?

My idea? She could have been a nice Vixen (old african-american DC heroine that could embody animal powers using the Tantu Totem, plus she was a fashion model IIRC).

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
It's hard to imagine how this could be more idiotic-looking.

Okay, maybe the film will be hilarious. Maybe it'll be great. But the chances that I'll even go see it are rapidly approaching zero.

Who is telling them this is a good idea? What on earth are these people thinking?

Is the idea that this will appeal some market or other? Women? Men? Tenessee Baptists? Is it going to do well in the African-American market? The German-Welsh market? Are hordes of screaming Japanese girls eagerly awaiting this? WHO is going to like this?

Honestly. I'm just baffled. I mean, Daredevil was kind of a bad movie, but when watching it I understood why somebody thought this was a good idea. Even Batman and Robin made a certain kind of twisted sense -- Uma, Arnold, George, wacky special effects, okay, it MIGHT have worked. But this?

Sure Halle's had a couple of high-exposure turns and an Oscar. Sure she's got a nice body. And sure everyone knows Catwoman. But what is this? I mean, seriously.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Black Omega said:
So, am I the only one seeing that customer and thinking it's Black Scorpion TV series level bad?:)
Dude, I laughed at Black Scorpion commercials. And I think I was meant to. Dumb, relentless and possibly offensive -- but at least it was kind of funny. I mean, this isn't even that. It's not campy. It's not goofy. It's not sexy. I don't know what it is. It confuses me.

I guess I'm beginning to develop a certain morbid curiousity about this project. In a way, I can hardly wait till it comes out.

Remove ads