• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Celebrity D&D Sightings - Matthew Lillard

Velenne

Explorer
Yup, good ole' Shaggy from the Scooby-Doo movies. You might also remember him from Scream, Thirteen Ghosts, Wing Commander, Hackers (my personal favorite), and the new Without a Paddle with co-stars Seth Green and Dax Shepard.

I was reading an article in my friendly local newspaper, (the Fort Worth Star-Telegram if you're fact-checking), this morning where he and his costars are doing press at Bass Pro. It goes:

As if musical theater weren't quite uncool enough to qualify as a skeleton in his closet, Lillard pulled out the Dungeons & Dragons card.

"I defy somone to be more geeky than me," he said. "I am playing a big D&D game tomorrow night. Beat that geekdom. I'm not going to do press in Detroit, 'cause I'm going to play D&D at home."

Another one steps out and owns up to his geekiness! Care to venture any other guesses?

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
Y'know, between Vin Diesel and Matthew Lillard, we're about halfway through a decent cast for a D&D movie... :)

JoeBlank

Explorer
Or how about an EN World movie?

Lillard stars as a humble potter, struggling to finish the Ennie awards and deliver them to GenCon on time.

Attachments

• Lillard.jpg.gif
    Lillard.jpg.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 113
  • productionking.JPG
    productionking.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 131

Lady Mer

First Post
JoeBlank said:
Or how about an EN World movie?

Lillard stars as a humble potter, struggling to finish the Ennie awards and deliver them to GenCon on time.

Oh! And Vin Diesel stars as the noble librarian, who creates the page to tell the world the truth about 3.0....

Sorry, Eric, but the idea of Vin playing a librarian makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Remove ads