Change to Tempests and Doubleswords?

Caliber

Explorer
So my wife currently has a Tempest Fighter using a Doublesword in my game and was leveling up her character last night when we noticed a change in how the Builder was adding her bonuses.

Previously, her Dual Strike At-Will was swinging twice for 1d8+2, since she is in Light Armor and wielding Off-Hand weapons. Now, however, it is only giving her 1d8+1. The text for both the Tempest qualities and the Doublesword seems to remain unchanged, so I wonder: has there been any errata issued in this area? Or is this some kind of bug that has crept into the Builder (perhaps no longer recognizing Doubleswords as Off-Hand or somesuch?)

Thanks for the help! :)

Mort_Q

First Post
STR? Feats?

[edit]

The changelog for the latest update says:

• Fixed an issue with calculating the attack bonus for a tempest Fighter when using two weapons.

Hard to say what's up without knowing what numbers are supposed to be.

Last edited:

Caliber

Explorer
STR? Feats?

Dual-Strike is a Fighter power that is similar to Twin Strike; make two weapon attacks that deal 1[W] damage, no stat mods. As for feats, she leveled to 3rd and thus did not gain any new feats (nor did she retrain any). I'd think we have been doing it wrong, but I have a printout clearly showing 1d8+2 for Dual Strike where now the Builder only shows 1d8+1.

Also, ALL of her powers have been degraded by 1 point of damage. FWIW. :-S

Edit: Hrm. A change to Tempest calculations eh? It seems they have gotten it wrong, me thinks. I'll pop over to the Builder tech forums and see if any noise is going on over there. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Caliber

Explorer
Is everything still equipped properly?

Yes; I actually had a backup copy of the file we made her printout from and upon loading it even it decremented all her damage by 1 point.

Further testing this morning makes me think the recent update borked the calculations on Tempest damage. I made a quick Tempest using two shortswords; again both shortswords only received +1 instead of +2 damage.

Mort_Q

First Post
I have a spiked chain tempest fighter... I haven't opened it up since the update. I'll check it when I get home.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases