Character Builder... But I already have Silverlight installed!?

Pbartender

First Post
Up until now, I've had very, very few technical issues with the new Character Builder... Only one or two crashes, minimal lag, and I've been able to access it easily from several different computers.

Earlier this morning, however, when I try to log into the online Character Builder to print out my wife's character sheet for her, I'm greeted by this:

Silverlight.JPG

Wait... What?

I've double checked... I've got the latest version of Silverlight already installed. The Character Builder worked fine just a few days ago.

Has anybody else run into this situation? Does anybody have any idea what's going on?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Computers do odd things.

(It works for me: Windows 7, Google Chrome).

My normal response to something like this is to restart my computer and try again. If it still doesn't work, I'd try another browser. If *that* didn't work, I'd check to see if you've somehow disabled Silverlight in your browser.

Cheers!

Scribble

First Post
Quick check... Are any other Silverlight things working?

Goto Home : The Official Microsoft Silverlight Site and see if the thingy on that page loads up, or you get the same error message.

Aside from that I agree with Merric.

Computers hate humans, and are simply biding their time until they can start sending cyborg assassins back after us all. Until then, they settle for being jerks.

Jhaelen

First Post
I had a similar problem once with a website insisting I should install a certain version of Adobe Flash Player.

The problem was that I had several version of Flash Player installed and apparently the website stopped checking after finding one of the older versions - or something. Perhaps this is a similar problem?

Remove ads