D&D 5E Chronicles of Eberron Is Keith Baker's New D&D Book, out now!

After a few days of teasing, Eberron creator Keith Baker has announced his new book -- Chronicles of Eberron! By Keith and Imogen Gingell, the 200-page book will be available on DMs Guild in December.

Chronicles of Eberron.png

Hektula is the Scribe of Sul Khatesh, the Keeper of the Library of Ashtakala, and the Chronicler of the Lords of Dust. Her treasured tomes hold arcane secrets still hidden from human and dragon alike. What lies beneath the Barren Sea? What powers does Mordain the Fleshweaver wield within Blackroot? Who are the Grim Lords of the Bloodsail Principality? All these secrets and many more can be found in the Chronicles of Eberron…

• Chronicles of Eberron is a new 5E sourcebook from Eberron creator Keith Baker and designer Imogen Gingell.
  • This book explores a diverse range of topics, including lore and advice for both players and DMs, along with new monsters, treasures, spells and character options.
  • Chronicles of Eberron will be available on the DMs Guild as a PDF and print-on-demand.

But that's not all! There is a collaboration with Hero Forge and new T-Shirts!

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 9.50.20 AM.pngKeithBakerPresentsShirts_TwogetherStudios.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

darjr

I crit!
No idea. But you can’t announce that you’re going to announce something. At that point you’ve announced it!

(Edit, ah you edited out the image in your OP before replying, so now my reply makes no sense)
Sorry! I wasn’t making any sense so…

dave2008

Legend
ouch... $30 for just the PDF and $70 to get the book... :cry:
Well it is very popular,* five star rating, and from the original setting creator, so...I guess it is worth the investment!

*Adamantine seller and it has been in the top 10 most popular DM'S Guild titles for about 2 years running. It was #1 for many, many, months.
1668457890151.png

Well it is very popular,* five star rating, and from the original setting creator, so...I guess it is worth the investment!

*Adamantine seller and it has been in the top 10 most popular DM'S Guild titles for about 2 years running. It was #1 for many, many, months.
View attachment 266681
and I am sure an $80,000 hybrid car gets better milage and has WAY better features then the used car I bought for $15,000. That doesn't mean I see myself buying a car for 5x the amount I did in my life time.
I know it's unpopular to say "not in my budget" sorry.

dave2008

Legend
and I am sure an $80,000 hybrid car gets better milage and has WAY better features then the used car I bought for $15,000. That doesn't mean I see myself buying a car for 5x the amount I did in my life time.
I know it's unpopular to say "not in my budget" sorry.
No worries - I am just saying a lot of people think it is worth the money (at a minimum 5000+ and that was within the first month it was on sale). I can't say what is and what isn't in someone's budget. My point is that appears to be of exception quality (many think it is better than the WotC offering)

No worries - I am just saying a lot of people think it is worth the money (at a minimum 5000+ and that was within the first month it was on sale). I can't say what is and what isn't in someone's budget. My point is that appears to be of exception quality (many think it is better than the WotC offering)
I am sure it is... I clicked the link thinking "I could drop $5-$10 to get a revamped Ebereon" but I was shocked to see it cost as much as I would think the physical book would be. I was shocked and NOT in ANY WAY saying this 3pp book is not exceptional quality. I bet it is, Keith is like the only 3pp guy my group still has pretty good track record... this is not to say OTHER 3pp are not awesome, I am sure there are and this site can show case a whole bunch. I was just showing my shock and sadness.

TBF in 2022 I have already had this reaction to MANY things (and gas for my house heat and gas for my car are two big ones)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer

View attachment 266681
I am admittedly an unabashed Eberron fan, but from my perspective, Exploring Eberron is probably the single best campaign setting book since the 3e Realms book. You know how people like to complain that setting books today don't have a ton of lore anymore? This is like the direct opposite of that.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
It is expensive. I've held off on getting MME1 for similar reasons.

That said, a book that you can all but guarantee will be used to expand your game is a good candidate for asking the players to chip in on. My group has bought all of the generic books on D&D Beyond for us to share through my Masters subscription for that reason.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
It's well worth getting now, if you have a currently-active Eberron group using 5E D&D. If not, it's still worth getting, but you could wait for a sale! Although International GM's Day isn't until March so you better be patient...

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases