circlekick

hythian

First Post
A successful unarmed attack roll allows you to make a second attack roll against a different opponent that is within the area that you threaten. This feat requires the full attack action.
Does this mean:

A) You take a full attack action and make a single unarmed attack. If that attack hits, you get a free second attack roll.

B) You take a full attack action and make your unarmed attacks as normal. In that round, on one successful attack roll you can make a single free second attack roll against a different opponenet.

C) You take a full attack action and make your attacks as normal. For every unarmed attack that hits, you can make a attack roll against a different opponent.

The feat is from Sword & Fist and isn't covered in the official errata on the WotC site. This may have been discussed before but the searching feature on the forums is disabled so I was unable to find out if it had been or not.

-Hythian
http://www.hythia.com/

Crothian

First Post
It's A and ya, that makes the feat pretty lousy. We have changed it so that you can do it as a standard action or as one of your attacks in a full round action, but limit it to once a turn.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Does this mean:

A) You take a full attack action and make a single unarmed attack. If that attack hits, you get a free second attack roll.

That's the one.

Using a circle kick requires a full attack action. Making multiple attacks requires a full attack action.

It's like how making a single attack requires a standard action, and casting a spell requires a standard action - one standard action doesn't let you do both.

-Hyp.

Christian

Explorer
What, no cites? :)

FTR, IIRC, the reason you didn't see it in the S&F errata is that it's not, in the opinion of WOTC, an error in S&F, but rather a rule that certain people inexplicably have difficulty in correctly interpreting. :rolleyes: Take a look at the S&F section of the D&D FAQ-you'll see it mentioned there, with the interpretation cited by the previous posters.

Wow! Eight acronyms in a two-sentence paragraph. Is that some kind of record? :D

Crothian

First Post
It's a fine feat until you get multiple attacks. Then it becomes worthless. Feats ideally should be useful at all levels, but realistically most feats are very useful low levels and worthless high levels. Perhaps there should be a rule that allows the trading of feats after they become worthless.

Ranger REG

Explorer
At least you can hit two opponents using the same attack bonus value (the main or first attack bonus), provided the first opponent is hit. Of course, one can get around the full-round action, like by magical means that will give you extra partial actions, or by feats like Expert Tactician or Cleave.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Crothian

First Post
Ranger REG said:
At least you can hit two opponents using the same attack bonus value (the main or first attack bonus), provided the first opponent is hit. Of course, one can get around the full-round action, like by magical means that will give you extra partial actions, or by feats like Expert Tactician or Cleave.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Your right if those circumstances happen. But that is not gaureenteed to be the case. That and I don't like spending more feats to make my first feat useful

Zerovoid

First Post
When I read the feat, I thought you could keep attacking new enemies as long as you keep hitting, but if you miss anytime during your attack, then you're done for the round.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases