Pathfinder 2E Frequent Bathing Required (Recruiting A DM)

Kaodi

Hero
As no one else has started any additional PF2 games I wanted to put out some feelers on running one myself because I need more of a fix than I am getting right now and running combat against myself is... not that motivating?

This is tentative. Extremely tentative. I have come close to starting this thread before and stopped because I did not think it was that great of an idea since I am already running my Starfinder game and I do not run published adventures. But I suppose it could not hurt to get a sense of what other people might be interested in.

While the game would be in the Inner Sea as per usual for Pathfinder I do sort of want to make it "low-magic" (at least on the players end). To that end there would be no spellcasting classes as primary classes, though everyone could pick a spellcasting archetype. And the game would start at level 2 so you could have that right off, or it could start at level 1 with you having a background that would segue into you developing magical abilities when you levelled up easily enough. I might also consider making downtime a significant feature of the game, as I would prefer this to be a kind of locally based game, where you have regular jobs when you are not troubleshooting.

Where exactly the game is set could largely be a function of what sort of characters players want to make. I do not think I want more than four players, but maybe, maybe I could go higher if those people had some sort of cohesive idea for what the party would look like.

Anyway no guarantee that anything will come from this. This is kinda the "throwing things at the wall to see what sticks" sort of stage right now.

Kaodi

Hero
I was having a bit of a depressed moment when I wrote that, @JustinCase . I guess I am somewhat better this morning. If you want to talk about what you would have liked to do, and other people show up and do that, I guess I am still listening.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Well, I have looked over the PF2 SRD and I have a few ideas, but so far not a clear grip of the rules yet. I also feel there's stuff missing which makes it hard to complete the puzzle.

But... if you do decide to do this, my ideas range from a goblin whatever (rogue? fighter? alchemist?) to a hag-blooded sorcerer. Story potential in abundance, although I am unsure whether I want to dabble in magic in a system I am still very unfamiliar with.

I do like that goblin idea. And that heritage/ancestry feat where you can eat just about anything and be alright, is awesome. :)

Kaodi

Hero
I mentioned that your primary class cannot be a spellcaster but if you wanted to be a "hag blooded sorcerer" you could always try something like alchemist with the sorcerer dedication as hags are very witchy and witches are very potiony.

hemera

Explorer
Hiya, I'd be interested if you'd have me. I'd be interested in playing a fighter, with maybe a cleric dedication at lvl 2. Would that be ok?

Kaodi

Hero
I tend to prefer playing with people I am familiar with to some degree and who have demonstrated reliable activity. Sorry.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I mentioned that your primary class cannot be a spellcaster

Must've missed that in my enthusiasm. I like the fact that goblin is a core race (ahem, ancestry) better than the idea of a spellcaster, so that's fine. :)

but if you wanted to be a "hag blooded sorcerer" you could always try something like alchemist with the sorcerer dedication as hags are very witchy and witches are very potiony.

I just love the way you phrased that. Very witchy. Very potiony. :D

If this happens, I would go either rogue or fighter, I think. And goblin. But I guess that's pretty clear by now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases