Completed Creatures Index & Current Conversions

Cleon

Legend
I think we could get one more batch of 10, especially if we split up the clockwork warrior golems and potentially the quakedancers.

I didn't say we couldn't squeeze another batch out of the remaining beasties.

By my count we've got 10 miscellaneous creatures left once I exclude creatures we're saving for themed batches:

Amazon
Amazon, Emezon
Aurotyugh
Clockwork Warrior [Standard and Lesser]
Goatfolk
Hek
Quakedancer [Juvenile, Adult & Elder]
Scythetail
Skullcap Ivy
Vizier's Turban

That's enough for a batch.

Plus, we should finish the Boobries and Alkadas soon - that's another four! We could leave the humanoids out of the above list and do the Boobries and Alkadas, making it a batch of Aberrations & Other Mutants.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Hmmm, I guess we probably can't post the other goatfolk, so you're right, we shouldn't save those.

But we should wait another week I think to give this latest group "some time to shine."

Cleon

Legend
Hmmm, I guess we probably can't post the other goatfolk, so you're right, we shouldn't save those.

Yes, the other goatfolk don't have an "official" publication so would fall beyond our remit.

Plus, It would seem rather discourteous to the author.

But we should wait another week I think to give this latest group "some time to shine."

Fine by me, I'm in no hurry.

freyar

While we're on this, I think we should also put split up the clockwork warrior golems and probably the quakedancers, too.

Cleon

Legend
While we're on this, I think we should also put split up the clockwork warrior golems and probably the quakedancers, too.

I don't think the Quakedancers need splitting up, since they're essentially similar at each age category.

Splitting up the Clockwork Warrior makes more sense, as they have separate Construction entries.

freyar

The reason I'd like to split up the quakedancers (and am leaning more toward splitting as many things up as possible) is to get an accurate read on the CR of each monster in the master list of converted monsters. I'd hate for someone to miss out on using the appropriate size quakedancer because they don't see the CR they want on the main listing. Plus, it feels better to have a separate listing for indexing purposes. Anyway, those are just my thoughts.

We definitely agree on the clockwork warriors.

Cleon

Legend
The reason I'd like to split up the quakedancers (and am leaning more toward splitting as many things up as possible) is to get an accurate read on the CR of each monster in the master list of converted monsters. I'd hate for someone to miss out on using the appropriate size quakedancer because they don't see the CR they want on the main listing. Plus, it feels better to have a separate listing for indexing purposes. Anyway, those are just my thoughts.

We definitely agree on the clockwork warriors.

If we list the other CRs in the Challenge Rating line they'll appear in the master list. e.g. if we post the adult as the default creature with Challenge Rating: 9 (elder 16, juvenile 4), the list will have "9 (elder 16, juvenile 4)".

freyar

Yeah, that's just weird, too, since the elder does have a complete statblock to itself. The cases like that I've seen in the CC just have an underbar for the variant. I'm not saying we should break up every critter with different sizes, etc, like elementals, but I think quakedancers are a borderline case.

Cleon

Legend
Yeah, that's just weird, too, since the elder does have a complete statblock to itself. The cases like that I've seen in the CC just have an underbar for the variant. I'm not saying we should break up every critter with different sizes, etc, like elementals, but I think quakedancers are a borderline case.

So, I'm not sure what the difficulty is.

We've got plenty of other creatures in the CC with multiple complete statblocks in one entry, such as the Stone Spirit, Giant Blue-Ring Octopus and so on.

It'd be a lot easier if we could add additional entries to the "Master List" which hyperlink to different parts of the same monster entry.

freyar

Well, I absolutely agree with the hyperlink idea.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that I'm not so sure I like the multiple statblocks in one entry now that I'm involved in the guts of the system on a day-to-day basis. It doesn't make as much sense, given the database, to have some critters purely in the html description section. (Well, like I say, with things like the elementals, maybe it's too much to have them in separate entries, but anyway...) This seems to be a change that started somewhat arbitrarily around 2010 sometime, and there are plenty of examples of split critters. For example, the lesser and greater plumazotl, lesser and greater sea wyrms, lesser and greater thassalos, lesser and greater well spirit, least and lesser and greater guardian yugoloth, etc. (And those are just ones that aren't so different from each other.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases