Cultural Traits (please tell me if you find these balanced)

gweinel

Explorer
My homebrew campaign is based on various humans nations. There are almost no humanoid playble races.
So, to make the various nations of my world more interesting and diverse i make these cultural traits. Most of these traits they give two "+1" on abilities, a bonus skill, and a cultural feat. I don't have problem these cultural feats to be a bit more powerful than normal feats since i deprive my players the versality of the free choice.

I am interested in provide me feedback regarding the power level of these cultural traits. Do you find these balanced or game-breaking? Is there something that you find problematic?

Cultural feat #1:
Feat: Survivors against all odds: You gain the following benefits:
• Survivor: When you fall to 0 hp. you start with one successful Death Save.
• I am not the one you are looking for: You have advantage on your Charisma checks when you attempt to escape from a “life or death” situation (ex. an inquiring guard after a jail break).
• We will not perish: In the dire moments of the battle you can bolster your friends. As a bonus action you can rally one ally by granting him 1d6 (or 1d8) temporary hit points. This ability can be used once per short rest.
• You gain proficiency to spears.

Cultural feat #2:
Feat: Warmongers: You gain the following benefits:
• You gain proficiency to axes and shields.
• Howl of the Wolf: Through curses and threats or through your battle cry you can send terror to your enemies. As a bonus action the enemies who can see and hear must pass a Charisma (Intimidation) saving throw DC versus 8 + proficiency bonus + Charisma or Strength modifier or they become frightened for 1d4 rounds (more? Any suggestions?). You can use this ability again once per short rest.
• Life is a constant battle that must be won: You can reroll a failed skill check that is related to a physical feat. You can use this ability once per long rest.

Cultural feat #3:
Feat: Oya’s Arcane Blessing: You learn one 1st level spell and gain one extra spell slot.
(Alternative #1: You learn one 1st level and one 2nd level spell
Alternative #2: You gain three spell slots – one spell slot you learn at 1st lvl and the other two at 3rd lvl.)

Cultural feat #4:
Feat: Spread Chaos through Order:
• Feint: You can use your Deception skill in battle as a bonus action on an opponent who sees you. Your opponent must passes a Wisdom (insight) saving throw with a DC 8 + proficiency bonus + Charisma modifier or your next attack during that round deals one die (weapon or spell) more damage. Once you do this trick in a battle your foes are aware of it and cannot be deceived (you can use it once per short rest).
• You get bonus a trade proficiency.
• If you lose or demoted from your caste status you have disadvantage to your Charisma checks against other Chattisgards (culture's name).

Cultural feat #5:
Cultural skill: Gain proficiency to combat tactics (Int)
• Mercenary’s tactical adaptation: Your mercenary training allows you to exploit the battlefield and gain advantage during the fight. At the start of a combat encounter you roll a Combat tactics skill check. If your result is 10-15 you gain one tactical insight. If your result is 16-20 you gain two. If your result is 21+ you gain three. During the encounter you can spend your tactical insights to improve initiative, skill checks, attack rolls or damage rolls. A roll with tactical insight has advantage.
• Mercenary barter: You can haggle your price. By a successful Charisma (Intimidation, Deception or Persuasion) check against a Wisdom (Insight) check you can increase the rewards by 50% for the party.

Remove ads