d20 Modern Excel character sheet

Soldarin

First Post
If anyone is interested, I made an excel sheet for creating d20 Modern characters. Send me an email and I'll send you a copy.

Soldarin

First Post
Q & A

I received some questions about how to use the sheet. This seems the best place to answer those.

Where are the starting occupations?
>>These can be found below the feat section (a lot lower than you'd expect, I admit).

Is there any order to filling out the sheet?
>>No particular order, and you can always change things you've already filled in later on. It seems best to start at the top and work your way down (for example, skills aren't assigned as class skills unless you have chosen a class).

What goes into A84?
>> Ah, a mistake was spotted. Calculating the effect of a Personality's chosen class skill was too dependent on factors the sheet can't know about (particularly, when did you spend those skill points exactly, before or after gaining 2nd (or 7th) level as a Personality). So I decided to drop that (and simply forgot to remove the note.

How do we fill out/select talents, Feats, skill for Occupations?
>> Putting a 1 (or higher number, for example if you select a feat more than once) in the outlined box behind a particular talent, feat, occupation skill will select that item.

Can you explain the Int mod section?
>> Int modifier increases do not give retroactive skill points. In order to calculate the difference (and substract them) the sheet needs to know exactly at what level (as divided over your different classes) your int modifier changed.
So when you use increase points to boost Int from a 13 to a 14 at 4th level (let's assume you are building an 8th level Tough 5, Strong 2, Smart 1, where you started out by taking all three classes before increasing Tough again), you fill in on the first line: under Tough: 2, under Strong: 1, under Smart: 1.
It is allowed to fill in zeros (or leave spots empty) which means that at that particular character level you didn't yet have levels in that class.

Happy Funball

First Post
I tried it. It looks nice. There were a few things I noticed.

The adjustment for lightning reflexes and iron will were reversed.

My initial skill points for my first class were wrong. It was saying a 3rd lvl Tough with a 14 INT had only 6 skill points.

I could not get Improved Brawl (or it said it was illegal) even though I had Brawl and an +8 BAB.

Those were just some I noticed...

Soldarin

First Post
The references for the brawl feat tree were inexplicably off by 16 rows. Real odd...

Thanks for the bug report. An improved version can be found by following the link below.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The sheet does not currently allow you to take the Builder and Education feats more than once (nor probably the vehicle operation feats or the exotic weapon proficiency feats, though I didn't try with those). It would be nice if you could put in the number 2 next to say Builder or Educated and be able to fill in 2 of those feats selections below the feats section.

Soldarin

First Post
Hotmail is acting up, so I'll respond here.

Education, Builder and Creative can at this moment only be taken once (I figured once would be enough. Apparently I was wrong).
The others can be taken multiple times.

I'll see what I can do.

CleverName

Explorer
Cool!

Thanks for all your work. It's a big help.

If you are looking for a wish list, I'd like to be able to apply levels to creatures from the Friends and Foes chapter -- or at least to the more human ones like kobolds, etc.

Again, thanks!

Remove ads