Dark Sun 5e, A minimalist conversion. (full) [OC]

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Shouldn't Desert elves have some native resistance to the heat of the desert? I made my save, just wondering. I think DS 2e the elves did have that.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Shouldn't Desert elves have some native resistance to the heat of the desert? I made my save, just wondering. I think DS 2e the elves did have that.

I checked through the original rules book, it doesn't look like it. It does mention that they dress to avoid the brutality of the weather. Thri-kreen are a borderline case as well, but I don't see anything - other than reduced water consumption. Muls - with their prolonged exertion limits might be.

5e mentions that creatures adapted to desert conditions don't have to make these saves (5+1 per hour of exertion) but I'm not sure what PCs races, if any this includes.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
So can I use the Soul Knife subclass from the last UA?

that UA is so cool!
I didn't even see that, way closer to what I wanted than the previous psionics version.
yes feel free to take anything from this:
heck if anyone wants to replace their existing feat with telepathy or TK go ahead...

Oh man, now to pick a subclass. Shadow is off the table, are any others?

the others look fine - if you go with four elements you can reflavor water whip as a sand whip - but the power that lets you turn water to ice will be amazingly useless, so don't chose that one.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I'm digging the idea of Plool running around with a big cleaver (battle-axe) via Kensei. (It just narrowly beat out Drunken Master). But the artist tools seem kind of out of place. Any chance I could get something like bone-carving tool proficiency?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases