Dark Sun 5e, A minimalist conversion. (full) [OC]

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Are you using any of the class rules from the PDF you linked to? If so... I'm now torn between a Mul Barbarian/fighter and some race that is an Air Cleric.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Alright, so I’m thinking fire genasi barbarian (performer/gladiator background). The fire inside erupts during rages, and then his normally hairless ebon skin erupts in hairlike flames...

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Alright, so I’m thinking fire genasi barbarian (performer/gladiator background). The fire inside erupts during rages, and then his normally hairless ebon skin erupts in hairlike flames...

if you're going that route then I probably wont' do a Mul barbarian gladiator ;) and focus on the Air cleric instead. Would you be going with Storm Herald (Desert) if the game goes that long?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The air cleric in the document looks fine.
Goliath is a lot of better base than the half-giant rules in the document.
dark sun has always had issues balancing thri-kreen and 1/2 giants with others.

as for campaign length. level 3 is assured, level 5 is possible, ... L10 or higher is very unlikely.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
As for languages: Thri-kreen, Giant, Elvish, Halfling, dwarven - but all except giants will have at least a tribal spokesman who speaks the common tongue. The giants are like very large hill giants and are often solitary.
if you have the feat, it will probably come up, it is not worth a limited spell.

tglassy

Adventurer
Like I said, I’m mainly getting the Linguist Feat for the cyphers for my spellbook. But considering I can know 2 languages from my background, 1 from my race and 3 from the feat, it looks like I know almost all of them as it is. Who needs a spell when you’re smart?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Vlad you would be 4. I can run up to 6 (and having alternates is nice)

It looks like:
tglassy - Human Preserver
Salthorae - Air cleric
Justincase - Fire Genisi Gladiator

lesser languages would include Gith and Elemental languages.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
yes on the wild talents:
orginally I was thinking of each of you picking a cantrip (at will) or L1 spell (1/day)
from the Psionic Spells List (work in progress)
but there is also a wild talent table in the GM binder doc (first post) - it looks interesting, let me know what you think of it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases