Diablo Movie

Ferret

Explorer
http://www.blizzplanet.com/news/1444/

"Hocus Pocus. Diablo was unlisted magically from the "In Development" section. I tell you. It is the lesser evils playing tricks with our minds. Where is Deckard Cain when you need him to reveal the undecipherable."

So what does everyone think? I thought it would be pretty tricky to make a movie out of the game, but then I realised there were some novels based on the game, if they can make the novels why not a movie?

Oh, and who plays Deckard? Sean Connery, Patrick Stewart or Morgan Freeman? Each could give it a pretty unique twist... :D

Insight

Adventurer
Actually, it would be very EASY to make a script/movie out of the game because it's linear. The quests pretty much are done in the same order, so it would be quite simple to come up with a series of events based on the game. I think D2 would be better for a movie than D1, but that may just be personal preference.

Of course, there could be various reasons why the movie's development is in question. First, D2 came out several years ago, and is no longer in the cutural consciousness. Second, and this may be more important, a new game could be in the works, and the powers that be might wish to have the movie tie into D3 rather than an older game.

Also, I would like to point out that Legendary Pictures lists World of Warcraft as being in development, whereas Blizzard has stated that they are no longer interested in doing a WoW movie.

Last edited:

Ferret

Explorer
That's interesting a I would think the way that it's quest quest quest, so to me, it seems *too* linear.

I'll have to wit and see if it does happen though...

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Some of the creatures would be cool to be seen on the big screen. Especially Rakinishu or w/e his name was: one of the little annoying people who had lightning exploding off him when hit.

I don't know if the story would be good or not, but I'd probably see it if nothing else to check out the special effects and the MONSTERS!

And the sexy assassin, amazon, and sorc. :)

Steel_Wind

Legend
If they wanted to spend SQUARE like money on a Diablo movie, I'd be all over that in a heart beat.

No live action, mind you. For that - I really would want it over the top CGI BLizzard animation.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm not sure a film script can be too linear.

And I suspect they won't want to make a movie off the first two Diablo games, simply because they'll be such old news, the name won't be a draw. Now, the inevitable Diablo III, on the other hand ...

ThirdWizard

First Post
Dog Moon said:
Some of the creatures would be cool to be seen on the big screen. Especially Rakinishu or w/e his name was: one of the little annoying people who had lightning exploding off him when hit.

As a side note, in a D&D game I'm playing in there's a PC kobold named... Rakinishu. :)

Klaus

First Post
The first Diablo game could be turned into a very cool, claustrophobic medieval horror movie, specially with its dramatic ending. I'd like to see the director of Pitch Black take a stab at it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases