Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch?

• Yes, most of the time.

Votes: 56 44.1%
  • Yes, but only some of the time.

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • No, I just look at a clock.

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • No, I get the time from my cell phone, PDA, etc.

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • No, I seldom care what time it is.

Votes: 10 7.9%

Dark Jezter

First Post
A recent conversation with a friend caused me to wonder: How many people still wear wrist watches nowadays? So, here's your random off-topic poll for the day. :)

der_kluge

Adventurer
I was in a work meeting a couple of months ago, and someone commented that none of the men on the team wore a watch anymore. I don't.

I did for many, many years. I had one of those nerdy Casio calculator watches that stored phone numbers.

And several years ago for Christmas, my wife got me a watch that had an infrared sensor that you could use to read information off the computer with, and download information onto the watch that way. It was kind of neat. Unfortunately, the metal in the watch kind of corroded, and I ended up taking it off. Since then, I've never wore another watch. I just use my cell phone to get the time nowadays.

That seems to be the trend. I'd avoid purchasing stock in Timex or Casio.

crybaby

First Post
I used to wear watches all the time until the gremlins started to show up at night and steal said watchs. I have since become accustomed to looking at my cell phone for the time.

Sigdel

First Post
I buy those cheap $20 watches that clip on to your belt loop and put them on a dogtag style chain so it's like a necklace. My friends and I have dubbed it "The Flava Flave Pimp Watch" after going to the Motor City Comic Con and a old WWF wrestler called it that. I just go through to many wrist watches.

Dark Jezter

First Post
I still wear a watch as well, but I have noticed that nowadays a lot of people don't wear them and instead just check the time by looking at their cell phone, pocket PC, etc.

Dominic

First Post
I stopped for a while, but the Star Wars promo watches from Burger King got me wearing one again - very cool (for the Star Wars fan), and cheap at 1.99 each. The best part is the round metal case they come in - perfect for carrying your dice!

Finster

First Post
I voted "just look at a clock".

I stopped wearing a wrist watch when I washed my hands at a restaurant, and left a $250 (USD) watch on the counter to prevent it from getting wet. I left the restroom without it and never got it back. After this, it was pocket watches for me.

Then I worked as a machinist for several years. Wearing a watch of any kind was hazzardous on the job (the little chain on the pocket watch could get caught in the machinery). I got out of the habit, and never looked back. Now, not having a watch does not bother me.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dark Jezter said:
I still wear a watch as well, but I have noticed that nowadays a lot of people don't wear them and instead just check the time by looking at their cell phone, pocket PC, etc.
I do that, sometimes, eventhough I have a watch too. :uhoh:

Remove ads