DOCTOR STRANGE (By the Hoary Hosts of SPOILERS)

Zoey141

First Post
Benedict Cumberbatch is such a darling! :) It's as if he was born to essay the role of Dr. Strange! I love Downey Jr. as Iron Man and now I've another favorite. I can't decide who is better though: Downey Jr. or Cumberbatch.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hoary Hairy Hoards of Hilarious Hungarian Hivers -- HIDE!!!!

zoomed to the end of the thread to say this: I am getting ready to go watch it right now. I will comment later to day.

edit:

tickets,3-d showing of Dr. Strange - Matinee
tax
round trip bus ticket
coffee atpanera's while waiting 40minutes
total

chance to see non-euclidian geometry in 3-d
latest

oops,sorry mi'Lord
*ahem*
with Master Cthulhu's permission
CDdJ6BnWAAAv0qA.jpg

. . . . .And, why yes. that is HE when HE is happy . . . . .
priceless - purchased with MasterCard.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

I loved that thing. especially when it was wiping tears.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Yes, that was HI-Larious! I laughed at that as well as about half of the people there. 10 in all I think- it was a matinee

in retrospect, Mads Mikkilson is one of few who could have done that scene with a straight face.

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
Re: Villain origins and motivation, and trippy background scenes and such...

It's important to remember the context of them - If you're not a comic book fan, you should know that the first comic book appearance of Doctor Strange was in the early 1960's... The character's been around a loooong time, and thus the origins and motivations of most of the supporting characters/villains in his story were established in what you might call "a simpler time"...

Silver Moon

Adventurer
If you're not a comic book fan, you should know that the first comic book appearance of Doctor Strange was in the early 1960's... The character's been around a loooong time, and thus the origins and motivations of most of the supporting characters/villains in his story were established in what you might call "a simpler time"...
Saw it yesterday, loved the movie. Last night I re-read the early appearances from Strange Tales, and in retrospect they did an excellent job of staying with the source material. There were even three improvements: Mordo, the Cloak, and Christine Palmer (who was last seen in the Nightcrawler maxi-series).

Remove ads