Download the Terminator QuickStart!

In The Terminator RPG Quick Start, each player assumes the role of a Resistance Fighter. This document contains seven pre-made fighters for players to use which can be found at the end of the book. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/341238 The game will include rules and scenarios to play in both the future and the ‘present’ day of the movie, as well as the ability to play in any other...

In The Terminator RPG Quick Start, each player assumes the role of a Resistance Fighter. This document contains seven pre-made fighters for players to use which can be found at the end of the book.
The game will include rules and scenarios to play in both the future and the ‘present’ day of the movie, as well as the ability to play in any other time point the Director wishes to use. It will include mechanics to allow time travel and will explore all the different Terminators, enemy types and characters seen in the movie and comic books.

A Kickstarter campaign will be launched in early 2021.

BDB7AF21-1BC3-477C-8431-EB3550DB983D.jpeg

E7EEA35A-FE81-41A7-B899-5FAFAC478029.jpeg

Sir Brennen

Legend
Anyone know if this game will be focused on the post-apocalypse when the machines have already risen, or will there be time-travel shenanigans as well (and possible alternate time-lines, as introduced in Dark Fate?)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Please don't. This is a trap set by Skynet to determine who is a credible threat. Obviously the resistance was lead by roleplayers and they want to find you so they can crush you.

But I am excited about this game. Which i will buy in cash at a brick and mortar just to be safe.
That was one extreme LARP session

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Anyone know if this game will be focused on the post-apocalypse when the machines have already risen, or will there be time-travel shenanigans as well (and possible alternate time-lines, as introduced in Dark Fate?)
The blurb in the quickstart rules says
This game is licenced from STUDIOCANAL and includes The Terminator movie and its associated Dark Horse comics.
The game will include rules and scenarios to play in both the future and the ‘present’ day of the movie, as well as the ability to play in any other time point the Director wishes to use. It will include mechanics to allow time travel and will explore all the different Terminators, enemy types and characters seen in the movie and comic books.

The quiclkstart doesn’t have any timetravel rules in it though and gives a scenario fo 2029. It appears to be a Stat+Skill Dice pool system based on d10s v Difficulty and its got a ‘Hacking‘ minigame I havent looked at yet

Waller

Legend
I know the 80s are fashionable again, but I didn't think that included 80s-style typsetting and layout. The graphic design in this looks like an old TSR module!

We have to remember the time-traveller terminators are practically the elite, the best ones, and most dangerous. In the movies people from the past needed extraordinary means to defeat them. It is not a spoiler if I say in the last movie a RPG was not enough to kill the bad guy. In a past-present game the plot has to be about how to trick the terminator to go toward the "trap" where it could be destroyed.

And we have to remember if we want "fluff" we only need the fandom wiki terminator, with all the lore.

Couldn't terminators cause the grandfather's paradox killing people or their parents, who created skynet?

* Why not Skynet couldn't only to construct a space ship and go toward other planet, leaving us in peace?

aramis erak

Legend
The skill mechanics are interesting... 1d10+modifer vs TN for success/fail; additional 1+skill d10's with same mod each vs TN to improve the success quality if the success die succeeds.

Remove ads

Remove ads