Encounter Competition: Single elimination.

Ysgarran

I've just finished reading all of the encounters and have just remembered why I dislike single elimination heats. It might be too late to do anything about this but is there any way the poll could accept a ranking of some sort?

It always possible that two very good (i.e. the two best) encounters are pared together so that the second place winner just loses out.

Is it possible to create a second bracket for all the losers to give them a second chance?

As I mentioned, it is probably too late to do anything about it but thought I would mention it...

Ysgarran.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I was just thinking about that. You could have a heat of a bunch of lame encounters, and then one would *have* to move on to the final, or you could have a heat of nothing but top-notch encounters, but only one would move on to the finals.

That, and some of the voting looks pretty fishy.

Ysgarran

That is really disappointing if something like that is really happening. I would be curious as to what you are seeing to point in that direction...send me an e-mail if you don't want actually discuss it on the board.

Part of what makes these boards a success is the community aspect of it and when someone breaks that feel, it is just that much more disappointing.

Remove ads