D&D 5E ePawn Arena: Too Overboard for 5e?

Aeolius

Adventurer
The ePawn Arena was shown at CES. At an estimated $400, it's a bit extreme.. but it's still a step in the right direction.
ePawn-6.jpg

Argyle King

Legend
As an option? Awesome, I think it's cool.

If the game were created with the idea that most groups would have one of those or created with the idea that the game works better with one of those, then I'd feel less positive about it.

Let me rephrase that. The game working better is good. However, some of the recently released articles concerning 4th Edition seemed to imply that 4th was originally created with the idea that the edition would work best with a DDi account. I feel that digital tools should enhance the experience of the game (which I feel ePawn would do,) but I do not feel I would want the game to be constructed with the assumed idea of every group having one of those for 5th edition to function best.

Last edited:

That is awsome, but not ready yet...

[sblock=pie in the sky dream]

I still dream of the day I have a large one of those build into a table, and at each chair my PCs have a tablet that includes basic rules pdfs and elctronic character sheet, a my end I have my lap top open with a masterplan like prgram running.

When I hit a button to say I hit player A for 12 damage, and stun (save ends) the 12 hp comes off there sheet, and a marker appears on there sheet saying stuned...

[/sblock]

Remove ads