Favoured of the Eye (HoHF: 1/2 Orcs) PrC question. Pls help!

korasukage

First Post
Hiya

Recently I have been presented with the opportinuty to play in a new Eberron campaign and thought that it would be cool to play a 1/2 orc ... cleric. o_O After discussing this with the rest of the group a friend of mine pointed out to me that there was a great class in HoHF:1/2 Orcs which combined aspects of the barbarian and cleric classes, however. After finding the book I realised that it was not 3.5. So, I was wondering if any of the fine folks at Bad Axe Games could shed some light on updating the class to 3.5? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kor

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
korasukage said:
Hiya

Recently I have been presented with the opportinuty to play in a new Eberron campaign and thought that it would be cool to play a 1/2 orc ... cleric. o_O After discussing this with the rest of the group a friend of mine pointed out to me that there was a great class in HoHF:1/2 Orcs which combined aspects of the barbarian and cleric classes, however. After finding the book I realised that it was not 3.5. So, I was wondering if any of the fine folks at Bad Axe Games could shed some light on updating the class to 3.5? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kor

Hmm, well the mechanics are ready for 3.5.

I have, however, been persuaded that the class is too powerful as written. If you gave me the chance to update the text, I'd scale back BAB (to Cleric), or Spellcasting, or both.

korasukage

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Hmm, well the mechanics are ready for 3.5.

I have, however, been persuaded that the class is too powerful as written. If you gave me the chance to update the text, I'd scale back BAB (to Cleric), or Spellcasting, or both.
First off ... thanks for the response!

I was thinking about lowering spellcasting to 8/10, removing the smiting ability as it seems to be more of a space filler, and removing the additional domain. So, how does that sound?

I also had one last change in mind. In regards to the capstone ability (Divine Inspiration) I was thinking about changing it to the following:

Divine Wrath (Su): This ability imbues the character with divine power. When the character rages he can also use a turn undead attempt in order to take on aspects of a godly being. When he does this his body is suffised with raw deific power. This power causes the characters skin to take on a metallic sheen which grants damage reduction. If the character is good the damage reduction is 4/evil, or 4/good if evil. Also, the characters weapons take on an aspect of the character's moral leanings. As such the characters weapons[or natural weapons] become "aligned" with one aspect of the player characters god. For the duration of the character's rage his weapons are considered lawful, good, evil or chaotic. Only one such aspect may be chosen, which is based on the available alignments which his god has, and once chosen cannot be changed.

Cheers
Kor

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I'd reduce spellcasting to 1/2, and leave Divine Inspiration as written.

You can do whatever you like. :)

You seem like you have a good handle on it.

korasukage

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
I'd reduce spellcasting to 1/2 ...
Mmm ... If I also remove the good will save would that be sufficient enough to keep the 8/10 spellcasting? I had originally thought of lowering the spellcasting to 1/2, however. In looking at what the prestige class grants over 10 levels I thought that I could get away with lowering it to 8/10 spellcasting.

Wulf Ratbane said:
... and leave Divine Inspiration as written.
I really like the ability as written but I thought that I would try to create an ability that merged the character's strengths. This is the reason why I am changing the capstone ability to Divine Wrath. I think I have managed to balance it ... at least I hope. >_<

I have also added the updated level progression that I have created:

[sblock=Favoured of the Eye: ]
Code:
      Base
      Attack Fort Ref  Will
Level Bonus  Save Save Save Special                        Spellcasting
1st   +1      +2   +0   +0  Rage (+1/day)                  
2nd   +2      +3   +0   +0                                 +1 divine spellcasting lvl
3rd   +3      +3   +1   +1  Improved enraged casting I     +1 divine spellcasting lvl
4th   +4      +4   +1   +1                                 +1 divine spellcasting lvl
5th   +5      +4   +1   +1  Rage (+1/day)                  +1 divine spellcasting lvl
6th   +6      +5   +2   +2                                 +1 divine spellcasting lvl
7th   +7      +5   +2   +2                                 +1 divine spellcasting lvl
8th   +8      +6   +2   +2  Improved enraged casting II    +1 divine spellcasting lvl
9th   +9      +6   +3   +3                                 +1 divine spellcasting lvl
10th  +10     +7   +3   +3  Divine Wrath, rage (+1/day)
[/sblock]

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks for the help Wulf! :)

Cheers
Kor

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I'd never bother taking the 10th level of that.

And I certainly wouldn't allow the Favored of the Eye to have good aligned anything. :]

Last edited:

korasukage

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
I'd never both taking the 10th level of that.
?

Wulf Ratbane said:
And I certainly wouldn't allow the Favored of the Eye to have good aligned anything. :]
I know what you mean, however. The prestige class did not list any alignment requirement ... or did I miss something? :eek:

Cheers
Kor

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
korasukage said:
The prestige class did not list any alignment requirement ... or did I miss something? :eek:

I guess it depends on how your character gets access to two Orc domains, and which ones they are.

At any rate remember that a cleric may be no more than 1 step removed from the alignment of his deity.

I think you'll have a very hard time meeting all the requirements with a good cleric.

korasukage

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
I'd never bother taking the 10th level of that.
Alrighty ... what if, by expending a turn undead attempt, the character's rage becomes equavalent to greater rage and he also receives the benefit of the fiendish template, would this make for a better capstone ability? Any thoughts or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Kor

Remove ads