February: What are you reading?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I didn't see the monthly thread yet, so figured I'd get the ball rolling.

I finished up The Walking Dead: Book 6. I'm currently reading Imaro 2: The Quest for Cush by Charles Saunders. The Imaro series is incredibly good. Saunders is a true heir to Howard. I'll have to order books 3 and 4 off Lulu.

Crothian

First Post
I just completed reading a collection of Raymond Chandler's pulp published short stories and it was a great collection of hard boiled detective novels. I've recently read the few novels he published and it was very enjoyable to take a step back to the different writing styles of the early to mid 20th century.

Next up I think will be back to rereading Dresden Files.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Finished Joe Abercrombies excellent Heroes, wonderful as usual, I cannot wait for his next standalone - and far more than that for his next trilogy which he has been signed up for! Seriously Bayaz needs to get what is coming to him, and we most have more of the Bloody Nine!

At the moment I am chipping away at the 3rd of the Malzaman books, and as usual finding it a chore to get into, but that was the case with the first two as well and they were rewarding in the end...

coyote6

Adventurer
Finished Joe Abercrombies excellent Heroes, wonderful as usual, I cannot wait for his next standalone - and far more than that for his next trilogy which he has been signed up for! Seriously Bayaz needs to get what is coming to him, and we most have more of the Bloody Nine!

When the new trilogy is all done, let me know if anything actually changes between the beginning and end. I loved the books right up until the end and the status quo was restored. I was very disappointed.

Meanwhile, back at the reading ranch . . . I just finished Stross's Halting State, and am reading S.M. Stirling's A Taint in the Blood.

Jhaelen

First Post
After reading 'The Atrocity Archives' by Charles Stross which I thought would be fun but turned out to be a great disappointment, I finally worked through the D&D 4e Monster Vault to find it wasn't as bad as my first impression indicated.

Right now I'm reading 'The City and the City' by China Mieville. I just finished the first part which was interesting but not overwhelmingly so. The story is picking up speed, though, so I'm hopeful it will get better.

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
Just finished The Hard Sci-Fi Renaissance, and I'm about to try an read The Fellowship of the Ring for about the fourth time, mostly just because I'm waiting on my wife to finish up the next Dresden Files book.

Yeah, that's right. Never actually read any Tolkien. Tried, but just could never get through it. I have a good feeling about this reading though.

*crosses fingers, toes, and eyeballs*

beldar1215

Explorer
My reading ADD continues. Here my current list:

Dragon Age RPG
"Take your eye off the ball" - A book about the NFL
Zombie anthology.

Beldar

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I am reading Masked, an anthology of superhero stories edited by Lou Anders.

It is turning out to be an excellent read. Most of the authors have significant credits to their name in the genre, and they all seem to have a grasp of how the short story form differs from the comic, TV, and novel forms.

I call it a gold-mine for ideas for anyone running supers games. Just chock full of interesting plot and character tidbits just waiting to be ripped off!

nerfherder

Explorer
I've decided to read some classics (that I've never read before) that are free on my Kindle.

So far, I've read A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and started The Island of Dr Moreau by HG Wells.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases