Forgotten Realms - The Frozen North

I'm joining a game set in the Forgotten Realms. I know very little at the FR setting (but I have most of the 3.0/3.5 FR books). Here's what the DM said about location:

The setting is FR 3.5, it's set in the Earthspur Mountains
It's COLD.
Some towns near are Tantras and King's Reach.

So, my question is, which 3.0/3.5 FR books cover this area? I'm trying to make a character background that will fit in with where the group currently adventures.

TIA for any info.

Thanee

First Post
FRCS has some info about all the regions. This specific region has not yet been covered in a sourcebook AFAIK (maybe in 1st/2nd, I'm not overly familiar with those).

Maybe Mysteries of the Moonsea (don't have that yet), but that's not very likely, the mountain range only borders on Moonsea territory.

Regions that are close are The Vast and Impiltur. Both are in the Regions listup in PGtF.

Bye
Thanee

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Thanee said:
Maybe Mysteries of the Moonsea (don't have that yet), but that's not very likely, the mountain range only borders on Moonsea territory.

MotM definitely doesn't cover it. The FRCS and some 2E supplements are your best source of information for the Earthspur Mountains.

Voadam

Legend
The wotc site also has a 2e boxed set _The North_ free as a pdf.

However I'd check in the 3.0 FRCS book first as that will be the start of relevant information and I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a paragraph description of Tantras or that mountain range.

Voadam

Legend
I know that Tantras was also one of the modules and books in the trilogies about converting FR from 1e to 2e when the gods became mortals.

Kesh

First Post
I can't remember if that was covered in the 3.0 book The North or not. Unfortunately my copy got lost during a move a couple years ago. :(

3catcircus

Adventurer
Useful 1st/2nd information will cover the Bloodstone Lands and The Vast.

Possible useful sources:

Gateway to Ravens Bluff, The Living City
Inside Ravens Bluff, The Living City
The City of Ravens Bluff
Dreams of the Red Wizards
The Bloodstone Lands
Great Glacier
Sea of Fallen Stars

The North has absolutely nothing to do with the areas referred to - Impiltur, The Vast and The Bloodstone Lands (Vaasa, Damara, Narfell) are well to the east, on the other side of the Moonsea and Anauroch from "The North."

Remove ads