FR Adventure: No name as of yet

Xastalask

First Post
Coming soon to a Board near you!

A Forgotten Realms adventure to make you stunned in amazement, gasp in horror and make you wonder if the DM has any sanity left at all. ;)

See the adventures of:

Lady Octavia Boomthistle a Halfling Paladin living by her codes and defending her faith (Diety: Arvoreen, the Protector).

Dendrow a drow ranger/rogue who was raised by drow hating elves to be a weapon used against the drow (Deity:Shevarash).

Jennavieve of the Clovenhearth a human ranger/cleric who has a hatred of shapeshifters, particularly Lyncanthropes (Deity: Gwaeron Windstrom).

Tenazer a human sorceror with a penchant for mind control and dominating his foes.

Mescel a human wizard with skills at defense and offense spells

The adventures will run them through various places noted in places like "Dungeon" also some adventures written up by the DM himself.

So keep your eyes peeled for their adventures in Faerun.

**Edit Note: Added names and details**

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Xastalask said:

A drow ranger/cleric (Deity:Shevarash) who was raised by drow hating elves to be a weapon used against the drow.

Cue gratuitous Drizzt comments! :) I'm looking forward to the writeups.

Hey, where in VT are you? I grew up in East Montpelier.

Xastalask

First Post
Actually I am keeping all the big names of FR out. No Drizzt, Wulfgar, Elminister or anybody. No worries there :)

I live in Rutland VT but will be moving to Boston area in a year. I am orginally from Philadelphia.

Lazybones

Adventurer
Always glad to see another FR story on the board. Good luck with your write ups, and looking forward to seeing what your campaign has to offer.

LB

Rugger

Explorer
Oh sure....one of my players finally runs and does a story hour, making ME look bad! :)

I think our crew are the ONLY Vermonter's on the boards, PC...

So for my long-awaited break from DM'ing (been going pretty well non-stop since 3E's release...through some mod'd Castle Greyhawk and finally into RtToEE, which we just finished) I will be playing Kakita Yoshiro, the lost Shou Psionic Warrior with a smidge of Monk....

Dangit. Now I'm gonna get guilted into Story Houring our main party...

-Rugger
"I Lurk!"

Xastalask

First Post
Maybe when we start up the other I will do a story hour for that one. Lets see how burned out I am from it by then .. *chuckle*

Xastalask

First Post
Chapter the First Part One

The merchant wagon rolled down the road slowly, the wagon driver glancing around nervously at the woods.

A small armored figure on a war dog trots up “No need to worry so sir, my companion and I are watching the woods. You will get your goods to Glen with no problem” The mentioned companion trots up on a horse nodding his agreement

“Oh Aye, I may have you two with me but these bandits have been getting bolder and bolder” he reaches around and taps one of the many kegs he has “Those dwarves may not like human brewed ale but the bandits most certainly do”

The companion looks to the armored figure “I don’t think our companion will be happy until we reach Glen, Octavia.” With that he let his horse fall back slightly behind the wagon. Octavia checked the straps holding her lance and moved ahead of the wagon

A few miles down the road another road cut in and joined. As they approached Octavia slowed slightly as she saw two people walking on the other road in the same direction, she could see they would meet at the intersection at the same time. “Mescel” she called back “eyes right my friend and be ready” Mescel road forward and slightly to the right of the wagon, the wagon driver looking to the pair was visibly nervous.

The pair of interest were fairly tall and had long hair one white and flowing the other bright red and tied back. As they got closer to the merge the redhead turned and saw the wagon, not taking too much interest she nudged her companion once and nodded her head to the wagon. The one with white hair turned and as she did so the wagon master erupted into screams.

“Drow! A damned drow!” He yelled at Octavia “I told you the black demons are getting bold”

The two in question turned onto the road but did not touch their weapons as Octavia and Mescel walked up, ready but not threatening.

The redhead spoke first “Greetings! “ She looks to the yelling merchant “Please do not be alarmed my friend here is unlike other drow” The drow nods and speaks “I am a servant of Shevarash and I live in Cormanthor with the elves there you do not have to fear me, although fear of drow in general is a good thing”

Octavia looks to Mescal and then over her shoulder to the merchant and waves a pleading hand to him to be quiet. “You don’t seem to be a threat at the moment.” She eyes the drow cautiously and as if making a decision she I am Lady Octavia Allessandra Boomthistle my companion is Mescal “

The redhead nods in greeting “I am Jennavieve of the Clovenhearth it is a pleasure to meet you”

The drow stepped forward “Dendrow is my name. I am used to “ she indicates the merchant who is calming slightly when a battle did not start “his reaction. It is a well-earned curse of my kind even if I am not like my kind. We are heading to Glenn I have heard of Drow raids in Mistledale and do not like the idea of drow raiding in Cormanthor.”

“Well we are heading that way as well, may as well share the road and you can tell me more about yourself.” replied Octavia.

“What! I don’t want a drow traveling with us!” yelled the merchant, his worry ignited once again

Octavia raised a hand to him “I do not sense any evil in her, you have my word that she means no harm” she looks at Dendrow with a knowing look, probably indicating what it would mean if she did happen to fool Octavia.

“I swear by Shevarash that I mean you no harm” replied the drow, her companion nodded and added, “As a cleric of Gwaeron Windstrom I speak for Dendrow as well. She is not like other drow”

The merchant sat down on the wagon in a foul mood and pointed his team whip at Octavia “I hold you personally responsible if anything goes wrong!” with that he cracked the whip and set the wagon to moving.

After a half days travel they came into Glenn, the merchant pulls his wagon up at the duty warehouse to check in with his cargo. Turning to Octavia he tossed her a leather pouch “Here is payment for your troubles as well as a writ for the Frothing Mug, you can stay there on my tab for one night.” there was an obvious undertone that they were to be frugal in their stay “If you wish to share the money with those two then…well it is your money” with that he jumped down from the wagon and went into the small warehouse.

Octavia shrugged once and turned to the group “His thanks would have been payment enough but I will not turn a blind eye to a gift for services. Shall we go to the Frothing Mug then?”

“I think we may have something else to deal with first. “ replied Mescal as he pointed.

The group turned and saw a small contingent of dwarves armed with spears and hammers walking to them, the group walked towards them as the dwarves circled the group and stopped them.

The leader of the group large by dwarven standards, looked them over and growled “Because I see you are a follower of a good deity,” he points at Octavia’s holy symbol “ I will give you till my patience run out to explain the drow. Make it good”

More to Come!

Last edited:

Kugar

First Post
Oh my!
I can't wait to see Octavia's rightous halfling fury!!
Great start, I can't wait to hear more.
Gets popcorn, and soda. Then settles down in a nice comfy chair, pondering the philisophical ramifications of a halfling paladin gauding a shipment of human ale. :)
Kugar

cthuluftaghn

First Post
Not only a good story, but a fine cliff-hangeresque ending. I like it. I love the FR.... it's good to have some reading material while my group is off in Greyhawk taking out the Temple of Elemental Evil.

I created a detailed town description of Kheldell that is hosted over on Candlekeep. They made the map I drew interactive and everything... they did a nice job of it.

Last edited:

Xastalask

First Post
Have no fear this story hour has not died! :)

sorta went on a small break due to various things happening that prevented me from updating.

I will get the next section up early next week (hmm gotta do it now since I put a time frame on it ;) )

Remove ads