Gaining AoO

scrubkai

Explorer
I'm currently working on a character build that trys to make a number of extra AoOs.

I remember reading at one point a Feat that allows you to take an AoO if an oppenent is next to you and doesn't attack you. But I can't seem to remember the name or source of that feat.

Can anyone help?

hong

WotC's bitch
PHB2 feat Overwhelming Assault; gain +4 on attack rolls against target who starts their turn next to you, ends their turn next to you but doesn't attack you.

Goblyn

Explorer
scrubkai said:
I'm currently working on a character build that trys to make a number of extra AoOs.

I remember reading at one point a Feat that allows you to take an AoO if an oppenent is next to you and doesn't attack you. But I can't seem to remember the name or source of that feat.

Can anyone help?

This is somewhat peripheral to your question, and you've probably already considered it, but Complete Warrior has Karmic Strike, which for the small price of -4 AC you can make AoOs against those who hit you in melee.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
I was going to skip down karmatic lane, but the game i wanted to use it in, we dont have a claric, so that was out of the question. Its a good feat, but you really need some backup and support. The feat can be a bit selfish, but in the right group, im positive it can work really well.

scrubkai

Explorer
Notmousse said:
Though the requirements are higher I think Robilar's Gambit achieves greater effects than Karmic Strike.

I orginally thought of taking Karmic Strike, but I wasn't going to fit it into the character build until 12th level. At that point I qualified for Robilar's Gambit.
So after thinking about it again, I decided to go with Robilar's Gambit. The +4 to damage you give your openents seems to be well worth the ability to take an AoO for every melee attack on you, rather then just things that hit you.

Plus it freed me up from having to take Dodge earlier in my character build. And we all know you just can never have enough feats... :)

scrubkai

Explorer
Moon-Lancer said:
I was going to skip down karmatic lane, but the game i wanted to use it in, we dont have a claric, so that was out of the question. Its a good feat, but you really need some backup and support. The feat can be a bit selfish, but in the right group, im positive it can work really well.

We actually don't have a cleric either... So I was worried about that. However it is an Eberron campaign, and we do have an artificer with UMD... So I figured as long as I'm willing to spend the cash on a few wands of healing, I'll do OK.

As for being a bit selfish....
The party is actually made of a Warlock, an Artificer, a Psion (shaper) and Ranger specializing in bows plus my Warblade.
So nobody really has a problem if I'm selfish with all the melee characters. If I hold everyone at range, the rest of the party destroys them pretty quickly.

(Before you go into how the Warblade is broken, this is our campaign where we are trying different things out. Part of doing that is we all agreed that if the majority of the group feels one character is hogging the spotlight, that character gets nerfed.)

Remove ads