GAME OF THRONES #3 :-The Queen's Justice--Season 7 EPISODE #63

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
The Queen's Justice

Cersei’s drawn first blood in the war for the Iron Throne with Euron’s attack on Yara’s fleet, but Dany isn’t going down without a fight.

703-preview-77724105_PRO35_10-1024.jpg

I really enjoyed this episode, from the bad start between Daenerys and Jon, to the absolutely wicked exit of Olenna Tyrell. Buuut…

The lack of any sort of timeline makes some plot points seem far-fetched. After the episode, I broke out one of the maps of the Seven Kingdoms and tried to figure out the journey that Euron would’ve had to have taken – catching and destroying Daenerys’ Ironborn fleet, then returning to Kings Landing, then sailing all the way around the continent to catch the ships of the Unsullied on the opposite side from King’s Landing. I get that there’s probably vast swaths of unaccounted time in the series, but this is the same issue with Varys flying around at the end of the last season.

Ultimately, I can write it off and just enjoy the series, but it's still a head-scratcher.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
seems to me Dany could be in trouble

nah, seems a bit contrived really. Like they're presenting all these set backs for Dany, only to elicit a big WTF for when the Night King finally breaches the Wall. Or as Olgar suggest it might really be the whole switcheroo.

So far I've found the last 3 episodes a bit meh really, the action - both the violence and the sex - has been a little too low key. Even in this episode we got two battles that were pretty much non-events, framed by plot contrivances. At least Tyrions sewers were in keeping with his story arc, but Eurons teleporting ships were naff, as was Cersi's choice to target Highgarden instead of defending home. Even finishing on the old ladies big up yours to Cersi was a bit underwhelming as a 'cliffhanger'.

As for the dragons hanging about the cliffs of Dragonstone doing very little of any interest - it makes me pine for the days when Drogon was out stealing goats and roasting farmers. At least it showed how something that big actually impacts the world around it.

Come to think of it, maybe it is the wider world building aspects that I'm missing, as this season has very much been just moving peices on the board towards a set target, rather than exploring Westeros. On that note the only bits I did like were Sansa doing castle logistics but her reaction when Bran returned home was strange to me, I suppose it may have been shock, before she finally let out some tears. As for Bran I was hoping we would see the werewood tree open its eyes and communicate with him or something, that would have been better than him going all creepy telling Sansa that he thought she looked pretty the night she was married/raped - All-knowing Seer is creepy

Last edited:

What about Winter is Coming? I thought that the winters in Westeros lasted years, and basically all of the kingdoms would have to hunker down. That the storms were a defining characteristic of the world. Shouldn't we start to see the effects of the oncoming winter or does it only affect the North?

im really surprised at some reactions especially people populating a fantasy gaming forum

first the set pieces were gorgeous. I wanted to stand on that actual walkway that the dragons flew over. This is as good as LOTR weta effects. There isn't anything better

On the fleet? Can we assume its only part of the fleet and basically Cersei/brother have figured out their brothers plan.

Winter appears to have started but based on Casterly rock its still short sleeve weather down south and maybe the equivalent of october/November in the northern areas?

Going to disagree with the assessment of the episodes. End of episode was a major reveal and could change the brother vs brother relationship. Characters are shrinking and many factions have been completely eliminated in 3 episodes. We are basically down to 3 monarchs and only 2 fighting for the crown.Many of the major character viewpoints are going to be at the wall or soon to be at the wall

Sadras

Legend
To make sense of it...

Euron arrives in Kings Landing
Cercei and Ellaria Scene
Cercei and Jaime Scene (not the Braavosi Banker)
Spider informs the Daenerys of her Greyjoy and Dornish allies.
Casterly Rock battle scene
Jon Snow arrives in Dragonstone
Cersei and Braavosi Banker
Highgarden 'battle' scene
Jaime and Olenna scene

Bran, Sansa, Littlefinger, Sam and Jorah scenes don't need to follow any particular sequence within the primary storyline of the episode.

"Bran, Sansa, Littlefinger, Sam and Jorah scenes"-They must be within days of Jon arriving in dragonstone as sam sent the letter and john leaves (really depends on how long a raven takes).

Remove ads