Game Props

Catavarie

First Post
I was working on some item cards the other day to hand out to my players for my next campaign and I began wondering as to what you guys use as props in your games? Do you use Item cards? Or perhaps standin items such as plastic sword for your paladin's holy avenger, or old notebook for the wizards spell book, or a rubix cube for a magic box, perhaps even a set of old keys for the rogue's lock picking set. What are your ideas, your suggestions, and what have you done in the past?

Catavarie

First Post
I guess no one uses gaming props. Oh well guess I'm alone in this one.

But anyways here is my list of props I've used in the past:
  • Maps - Paper grocery bags with the edges torn or charred and the map drawn with a calligraphy pen for an authentic look
  • Pop Bangs (aka Pop throwers) - for combat effects and too get players attention
  • Scrolls - Paper bags as with maps or homemade recycled newspaper (if you want to know how let me know)
  • Wands and Staves - Various Sticks I find in the woods or Walking sticks I've purchased just add a simple fake Gem to the head
  • Rings - Plastic rings from teh quarter machine at the grocery store, it of wire twisted an woven, whittle them from wood
  • Spellbooks - Usually cheap notebook that you by in a 10 pack

Just a few ideas I've done.

darkfairy4587

First Post
Im doing a course in games designing and one of my teachers wants us to design a game prop but I have no idea what I wanna do it has to be totally original.If anybody has any ideas please help me and it also has to be done 3d or 2d like drawn out first than put in a background i can't make a plastic model of it.

Catavarie

First Post
darkfairy4587 said:
Im doing a course in games designing and one of my teachers wants us to design a game prop but I have no idea what I wanna do it has to be totally original.If anybody has any ideas please help me and it also has to be done 3d or 2d like drawn out first than put in a background i can't make a plastic model of it.

You would probably get more of a response on our new Forums located here.

Remove ads