Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
At Christmas we're allowed to put cards in with the newspaper so the customer has our information if they want to send us a tip. This is my first year with this paper. I'll just say I more than doubled my best year at the previous paper this year. Today I got a card in the mail from a customer that had a smaller envelope with it. Most people send cash, checks, or gift cards. I got seeds in this one. The envelope was a standard mailing envelope that had written on it:
Amazing seeds for your garden. Stand back.
I have no idea what kind of seeds they are. I know the customer has lots of flowers growing in her front yard. I figure they're some kind of flower. It's an unusual gift. It's an outside the box kind of thing. I'm not complaining, I think it'll be a story to tell. Maybe they're magic seeds. 🧙‍♂️🧙‍♀️

I asked my manager what the strangest tip was she had ever gotten. I said if it's the tip of their 🍆 (I used the actual word) I don't want to know about it. 😂 She told my a great little story. A customer she had been delivering to for 15 years gave her a coin from another country. "I'm 90 years old, and I have no one to leave this to. It's my lucky coin, and I want you to have it."

Sometimes people are amazing. You never know what's going on in their lives. I don't know what the seeds are, but I'm going to find out. I'm going to plant them. I'm sure the flowers will be beautiful. I hope they're a type that comes back every year. It'll be a reminder of that customer. Maybe next Christmas she'll have a different type for me.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Kraken Dice has gone beyond dice. They have miniatures like the ones I posted above. They also introduced a gaming bag recently. I worry the large velcro area will pick up every stray piece of lent. Their patches seem a bit pricey.

Mad_Jack

Legend
When I went to the food bank yesterday they gave me a turkey... Another turkey. (I already had one from Christmas. And another still left from Thanksgiving.)

When I went to put it in the downstairs freezer, I discovered I now have six turkeys... :-S

(Well, soon to be five - a friend has indicated she could use one of them.)

Oy.

I wonder if I can take them down to the pawn shop.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
When I went to the food bank yesterday they gave me a turkey... Another turkey. (I already had one from Christmas. And another still left from Thanksgiving.)

When I went to put it in the downstairs freezer, I discovered I now have six turkeys... :-S

Oy.

Do what I do: cook ‘em & debone ‘em, and they’ll take up 1/3 the space however you decide to proceed. Make a stock with the carcass if you can.

The cooked meat will freeze nicely in 1-2lb freezer bags. Great for soups, sandwiches, salads, casseroles, and so forth.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8

Oy.

With the appropriate dark magic ritual, you could start building that army of undead turkey warriors you've always wanted.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
On Friday I drove by and saw a sign in front of a building that was different from the sign there previously. The sign read Nyxis Pharmaceuticals. I never heard of it and wondered if the old business left. I drove past again later and noticed these yellow and black signs across the street. I had seen similar signs before. I know those signs are often used to direct film crews to sites involved in filming locations. I put two and two together and realized. The Nyxis Pharmaceuticals sign is for a tv show or movie. That location had been used for filming before. I went by this morning and noticed the old sign was there again. I once lived within sight of the sign. So if any of you see it on TV let me know. I'm trying to find out what project it's part of. If I do I'll let you know.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.

Oy.

Rent a helicopter and drop them on an unsuspecting populace.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Rent a helicopter and drop them on an unsuspecting populace.

Actually, I briefly considered commandeering some steel piping I saw locally awhile back to make an air cannon, but I lack the means to generate sufficient pressure to do anything really interesting with it.

(... Why, yes, I was a big Mythbusters fan.)

Remove ads