Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Ulfgeir

Hero
First day at new job today. Lots to take in, but I think I should be up-an running relatively soon. Then just need to get through a backlog of tickets from my old place of work, which is now a customer of my new place of work...

Mad_Jack

Legend
I e-filed my taxes on the 26th. I just got my state refund back today... :D

Dayum that was quick, lol.

And it more than covers both my car insurance and internet for the month, both of which are due to come out of my account in the next few days. :cool:

In other news, I accidentally stayed up all night on Tuesday working on my Dungeon23 project and slept most of the day on Wednesday, so I pulled an all-nighter again in order to reset my sleep schedule. I'll stay up all day today and crash at my regular time. I really am doing the whole Dungeon23 thing bass ackwards, lol - I've only mapped out one room that's actually IN the damn dungeon (the remains of a lost Dwarven outpost revealed by the recent draining of a swamp), but I've designed multiple maps for the 100-mile radius around the damn thing (the topography has changed multiple times due to multiple plot-relevant earthquakes) and a map of the local two-story inn that was built on the location of a wizard's tower (which has an entrance to a several-miles-long tunnel that leads to the dungeon hidden in the basement), fleshed out the history of the entire area for the past thousand years and written up a Dramatis Personae and a list of Just Who Knows What for around seven different npcs, all of whom are hiding secrets from their past and only some of which are related to the dungeon... :rolleyes:

Mad_Jack

Legend
The things we do for love of the game.

The nearest three population groups to the dungeon are a tribe of lizardmen in the swamp who wear pants when trading with the local semi-indigenous swamp-dwellers who use the lizardmen as guards/muscle and to occasionally get rid of a body in defense of their smuggling operation run in coordination with a thieves' guild member in the nearby town, a run-down, past-its-glory outpost called End-of-the-Line where everybody has secrets in their past and the "good guys" are basically the ones who didn't intentionally murder anyone (or only did it once), lol...
I think the "dungeon" is definitely going to be the most boring part of it...

In other news, Jack is rockin' his pizza old-school today - like, original Roman Army style... :p

For some reason, the universe has seen fit to gift Jack a 5 LB BAG of grated romano cheese.
Jack also had three decent-sized pita breads.
So Jack rubbed them with oil, covered them in romano cheese, and stuck some onions and shredded chicken on top and tossed them onto a tray in the oven.
Not bad.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Jack (temporarily) has heat and hot water for the first time since November - can't let the pipes freeze cuz of the cold weather, so I put 10 gallons of diesel in the furnace just to get it started up and running. Hopefully should last long enough for the weather to get back up above 0 in a couple days.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Oh, Jack forgot to mention that he went down to Big Lots! today and found the first two seasons of Stargate: Atlantis bound up as a two-pack for $10... Not that Jack could really afford to drop that extra $10, but still.. $10...lol.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Currently pulling an all-nighter to ensure the pipes don't freeze - got the space heater going out in the garage and don't want to risk letting it run all night while I sleep...

Reminds me of the old days: Being four years old and getting woken up at 4AM come downstairs and sit on top of a ladder with a hairdryer pointed at the pipes...

Remove ads