Happy Whacking Day!

Pbartender

First Post
Happy Whacking Day, everybody!

But first, a look at the local holiday that was called “distasteful and puerile” by a panel of Hillbillies. Whacking Day!

In a tradition dating back to founding father Jebediah Springfield, every May 10th residents gather to drive snakes into the center of town and whack them to snake heaven.​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1QI1XHayNE&feature=related]YouTube - homer beating snakes[/ame]

Last edited:

Rykion

Explorer
Definitely one of my favorite episodes of the Simpsons.

I could drive over to Springfield to celebrate, but somehow I don't think chasing snakes with a club would go over very well. :)

ssampier

First Post
Oh Whacking Day!
Oh Whacking Day!
Our hallowed snake skull-cracking day!
We'll break their backs!
Gouge out their eyes!
Their evil hearts we'll pulverize!
Oh Whacking Day!
Oh Whacking Day!
May God bestow his grace on thee... <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Pbartender

First Post
Definitely one of my favorite episodes of the Simpsons.

I could drive over to Springfield to celebrate, but somehow I don't think chasing snakes with a club would go over very well. :)

I thought about celebrating by having a big barbecue in the backyard, complete with a "Snake Hunt" for the kids -- kind of like an Easter Egg Hunt, but with rubber snakes and whiffleball bats.

Unfortunately, by the time I thought of it, I didn't have the time to organize it, and the weather turned out pretty crummy anyway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases