D&D 5E HELP- High level Campaign ending somewhat epic adventure needed!

JeffB

Legend
Sadly, my Son and all his friends go off to College at the end of summer and our gaming will be ending. Likely, permanently. :wahhh:

We have been playing FFG SW lately, and having a blast, but the Kids want to end their long running D&D character's careers with an epic adventure of sorts over the summer. Edition or setting does not really matter. But something in the 10-15 level range and that could finished up in 6 or so 3-4 hour sessions.

All ears.

S'mon

Legend
Sadly, my Son and all his friends go off to College at the end of summer and our gaming will be ending. Likely, permanently. :wahhh:

We have been playing FFG SW lately, and having a blast, but the Kids want to end their long running D&D character's careers with an epic adventure of sorts over the summer. Edition or setting does not really matter. But something in the 10-15 level range and that could finished up in 6 or so 3-4 hour sessions.

All ears.

Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl and/or Hall of the Fire Giant King? Steading of the Hill Giant Chief doesn't so much cry 'epic' to me. All are in Tales From the Yawning Portal.
I'd suggest start with Glacial Rift, & if you complete in 3 sessions you have time for Hall also.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I once did an epic ending to a campaign...

... it took about 18 months :p

Seriously speaking, *if* it's possible for your campaign, you need to make it something that the players/characters would care about. It can't just be a random threat that will end the world. It has to be something related to their past exploits and mistakes. Ideas:

- A former enemy is hell-bent on revenge and has opened a portal to (ha) hell to summon devils to destroy the party, but has lost control of the portal!

- A great catastrophe is menacing the world, and a former enemy that was slain by the party was the only person with the arcane knowledge needed to stop it. The party must journey to hell/hades/etc to retrieve his soul.

Because I don't know your campaign history, it's hard for me to come up with something that would suit it well.

Also, what kind of characters does your campaign have? Both level/class, but also "mentality"

cooperjer

Explorer
My players really enjoyed Red Hand of Doom. I'm not sure you can fit the entire story into your 24 hour time limit; however, you might be able to take the concept and adapt it to your game and time limit. The thing that the players enjoyed the most was the feeling of accomplishment as they saved a kingdom from an orc hoard and prevented the summoning of a devil. I modified the original story to replace the hobgoblins with orcs and Tiamat with Mephistopheles. You might be able to do something similar if you've established a group of lower level creatures as a significant threat in the area that are trying to summon a greater being to help them accomplish some goal.

The latter half of Out of the Abyss could be adapted to fit those requirements, I think. Just start with Vizeran DeVir calling for their aid and go from there.

aco175

Legend
I would like to have an old enemy come back and threaten something important to the group. It might be an evil necromancer from level 5 that is somehow raised again to become a lich who is threatening the town the PCs live in, or the region of the world.

ccs

41st lv DM
Have their current selves transported into the (semi-near?) future in order to kill their corrupted higher lv selves before they can get that final XP point that'll make them 20th lv & usher in a new dark age.

Why are their lower lv selves tasked with this? Because according to the seers the only people who're able to stop the PCs are themselves. And all efforts to sway the 19th lv versions have failed. So they're plucked out of time before they've become corrupted by whatever.

Quickleaf

Legend

All ears.

A Paladin in Hell should do the trick.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer

All ears.
Look at the Survivor Classic Modules thread's list of modules, write up a 2-sentence synopsis of each, and ask the group what sounds cool.
Re-name all NPCs to fit into your existing campaign.

Remove ads