Help me with a d20 Modern one-shot

Bobitron

Explorer
Anyone have a good idea for a d20 Modern one-shot that can be completed in a single 4-5 hour session? I would use pre-generated characters, and the players would be 2-3 3.5ed veterans.

Bobitron

Explorer
Ronin84 said:
What kind of modern are you looking for...I have a couple ideas, but need to know what you want to do with it.

Honestly, I'm looking to showcase the flexibility of the ruleset. I think I would lean more towards action rather than investigation or peaceful interaction, with no-FX. Thanks.

Prest0

First Post
Are you looking to brew something yourself, or would you consider buying an adventure? We've published two adventures that were originally written as convention games. They each come with six pregenerated characters and you can download initiative cards from our site. They're both modern military/horror adventures, and they're called Weekend Warriors and Innana's Kiss.

C. Baize

First Post
Prest0 said:
Are you looking to brew something yourself, or would you consider buying an adventure? We've published two adventures that were originally written as convention games. They each come with six pregenerated characters and you can download initiative cards from our site. They're both modern military/horror adventures, and they're called Weekend Warriors and Innana's Kiss.

Weekend Warriors is great.
It'd be nice, too, combined with Blood and Guts 2.

Bobitron

Explorer
C. Baize said:
Weekend Warriors is great.
It'd be nice, too, combined with Blood and Guts 2.

I have the first Blood and Guts, so you know I love me some modern military action. I was actually considering running a Modern Dispatch, maybe #15, but wanted to solicit some additional ideas.

Weekend Warriors looks good, and the review here on EN World was pretty positive. I'll admit that I was looking for something with no FX, though, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the links, Prest0.

Ronin84

First Post
Ok not sure if this what you are looking for but sounds like you are looking for a Bruce Willis/Arnold movie....

It took a long time for you all to arrange your schedules and get the same week off, but finally at the end of the summer season you managed it.

The trip up into the mountains was long but it was going to be good to get away for awhile, and just let loose. The condo's were all full a week ago BUT now they are going to be pretty empty and you guys will have the pool all to yourselves. Just need to make one stop at the local grocery to pick up the last of those supplies.

Damn that does seem to be a LOT of motorcycles, and a LOT of leather and chain...

(I could do more, BUT is the right direction you were thinking about)

jezter6

Explorer
I think this would be one of the good strengths of Weekend Warriors. First, there's plenty of combat, with characters that are able to do things like autofire, double tap, etc. There is also a nifty part of the map (entrance to the ammo dump) that is a snaked road with what looks like the concrete barricades set up so someone can't go speeding into them...which works great for using them as examples of cover. There are also plenty of areas where stealth is needed, which is good for demo mode, as well as some areas where you just have to run like hell...and teach your group that standing there and going head to head the ol' D&D way will just not work.

Bobitron said:
Anyone have a good idea for a d20 Modern one-shot that can be completed in a single 4-5 hour session? I would use pre-generated characters, and the players would be 2-3 3.5ed veterans.

If you're looking for a free adventure, I would suggest Adelie 14 from the WotC site. It's 7th-level, but you could trim it down.

For a longer one, do a google search for the Feng Shui adventure "Death on the Streets". It's not D20 Modern, and you'll need to draw up the NPCs yourself. (There's FX, but it's not crucial to the plot. I removed it and the adventure ran fine.)

Remove ads