Help with making a minor magic item.

scrubkai

Explorer
One of my players proposed to make the following magic item:

Wrist Sheath of Hidden Daggers.
This beat up leather wrist sheath appears to be able to hold a single dagger. But in reality it does so much more.
When attached to the inside of a humanoids forearm, the sheath and its contents seem to meld with the users arm, effectively disappearing to all but the wearer. (DC 25 search or DC 30 spot for anyone else to discover.)
Furthermore the sheath will actually hold up to Four small bladed weapons (aka: Daggers) at one time. Any of these weapons may be drawn as if they were a standard non-concealed weapon.
No matter what the sheath contains it weighs only .5 lbs and does not have any special affect on the wearers Armor check Penalty, Attack or Damage bonus.

Now this doesn't seem to be too unreasonable of an item to me, however I'm having a hard time figuring out what spells and the gold that would be needed to create this item.

Obviously Leomund's Secret Chest would be needed to handle the extra-dimensional issue, but what spell would you use to handle the disguise for both Search and Spot? I was thinking of requiring Alter Self but this doesn't seem to fit well with the limitations given in the spell.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sertimon

First Post
Some suggestions ...

Silent Image could work to conceal the object, or why not just go for Invisibility? Instead of using Leomund's Secret Chest, you could just use the Shrink Item spell too. If it shrinks the items enough, it will probably not weight anything and have no impact on Armor Check penalty and such.

Gideon

First Post
I think shrink Item would make the wrist sheath be able to hold the daggers and a simple silent image to hide the leather strap. Basically, Sertimon is a smart and I agree with the recomendations.

scrubkai

Explorer
Thanks Sertimon and Gideon. Shrink Item is a great idea.
I knew I was missing something while I was thinking about this.

I (and my players) and my players will be forever grateful.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases