Heroscape is back?! Update: the fund failed.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
The origin story ad cracks me up.

Viking is being catapult fire bombed.
Samurai is attacked by ninjas.
WWII solider is being bombed with grenades.
Future dude is eating a snickers in his condo.

darjr

I crit!
A tiny view of Heroscape from the Avalon hill youtube video.

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 8.32.35 PM.png

Sacrosanct

Legend
A few years ago I broke out my heroscape game to show the 4 year old how to play. Over the past couple years, many of the pieces got broken much to my chagrin (but no surprise, because that's what kids do). So this is great news for me :)

Also, I thought the minis were better D&D minis back when it came out than most of the actual D&D minis of the time lol. And the tiles are excellent to create battlemaps

Jer

Legend
Supporter
A tiny view of Heroscape from the Avalon hill youtube video.

View attachment 256768
Fully painted miniatures, unlike the HeroQuest minis which are unpainted. I was wondering if they were going to be able to provide fully painted minis for any kind of reasonable price point.

I wonder how they're going to price and bundle this. The original game was an amazing value in miniatures - I believe it was 30 minis (with three of them being large minis) and something like a hundred of the hex tile pieces and it was something like $40-50 bucks retail. There's no way that price point for a mass market game will work for the more boutique Avalon Hill release (I strongly doubt this is going to end up on the shelves at WalMart the way that the original game was sold, so production scale is going to be smaller and individual sales priced accordingly).

For reference the Heroquest release is $135 on Avalon Hill's Pulse store and it has 35 unpainted minis and around 35 furniture/door pieces.

(At least they're using the smaller bases on these - I love Heroscape as its own game, but a lot of the minis also make great sci-fi minis and that slightly too large base sometimes gets in the way).

darjr

I crit!
Sometimes they still all if you find a used set on sale. Although I’ve lost more than one set after I told the seller how much they could really get.

Remove ads