How do I search for a specific post?

SolitonMan

Explorer
Hello, I'm trying to find a specific post but I'm not sure if I'm using the system correctly. When I do an advanced search, I'm getting back a link to a thread, and that thread is 81 pages long, so basically the search is kind of pointless in this case - I know what thread I want to find the post in, but the only option I seem to be presented with is the same as if I'd done no searching at all.

I'd thought that in the past I'd see results that were based on specific posts instead of threads. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Does this help? I picture is worth a thousand words, I'm told! Here it is for basic search.

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 13.15.50.png

Last edited:

delericho

Legend
I'd thought that in the past I'd see results that were based on specific posts instead of threads. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!

I usually just use Google - especially if you know the thread name, and doubly so if you happen to know the name of the poster and/or some of the content.

SolitonMan

Explorer
Thanks for the replies!
[MENTION=22424]delericho[/MENTION] - I use Google as well at times, but usually only when the internal search isn't working for me.
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] - that second image really helped - I was on the multiple content types tab, but i thought single was selected. I guess the color scheme wasn't registering with me. Selecting Single explicitly gave me the screen with the posts output option, which is what i was expecting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases