D&D 5E How long since the last official D&D hardcover you last bought?

How long?

• 0-3 months

Votes: 39 26.9%
  • 3 months - 6 months

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • 6 months - 1 year

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • 1 year - 2 years

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • 3 years

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • 4 years

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • 5 years

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 6 years

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 7 years

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 8 years

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 9 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+ years

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Some folks buy every book, others pick and choose, and there are some who have yet to pick one up. How long is it since your last purchase of an official 5E D&D hardcover?

Stormonu

Legend
I no longer buy every book (there's a lot of adventure books I don't have), but I ended up buying Witchlight, Strixhaven and Mord's Monsters of the Universe in succession as they came out. And I have a preorder for Spelljammer.

Retreater

Legend
Looking through the official releases on Wikipedia, it looks like my last purchase was Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, released Nov 2020.
Seems like maybe from 2020, they slowed down releases - maybe the economy, COVID, or the edition wearing down?

G

Guest 7034872

Radiant Citadel. Because I'm moving, I'm going to wait on the actual purchase until I close on the new house and move in. I mean, why throw yet a-n-o-t-h-e-r book onto a truck and risk having it not turn up at its destination?

Dioltach

Legend
Some folks buy every book, others pick and choose, and there are some who have yet to pick one up. How long is it since your last purchase of an official 5E D&D hardcover?
Has 5E even been around for 10+ years? Because if your question is about the last 5E hardback, the answer is "Never". If it's any D&D hardback, it's probably "Whenever the core rulebooks for 4E were released", which I assume is 10+ years ago.

Last one I bought myself was Xanathar's Guide, so I selected 5 years. But I'm currently playing in a game where we are using content from Tasha's, so there's a bit of a grey area.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases