Pathfinder 1E I played Pathfinder for the first time on Saturday!!!

painted_klown

First Post
Hello all,

As the thread title states, I played Pathfinder for the first time on Saturday. In fact, this was the first time that I had played ANY tabletop RPG.

A guy who just started at work is the GM for the game (and the only person there I knew) and he just happened to be starting up the Rise of the Runelords adventure, so it was a perfect time for me to start playing.

My opinions on the game as of right now are all super positive. In fact, I cannot think of an area of gameplay that I found a quibble with. Perhaps it was the friendly group of experienced players I was with, perhaps it was because it was the novelty of playing a new game, but I have to admit that I absolutely LOVED it!!!

Before going in, I was wondering how I would like the roleplay aspect vs the combat in the game. Ultimately, I found both aspects to be very enaging, and enjoyable for their own reasons.

The problem solving was a lot of fun for me, and one of the players there was really into the role playing aspect, so that made it all the more fun for me. I felt like we were in that adventure, looking for clues, and working to figure out what our next move should be. I liked bouncing idea off one another, and going with what seemed like the best idea.

Combat was equally fun for me. I liked the strategy aspect of combat more than I expected to, to be honest. I was initially worried that combat would be overly complicated, and not something I enjoyed. However, quite the opposite proved to be true. I sincerely found myself with baited breath at each roll of the die, waiting impatiently to see what would happen.

True suspense was built in our combat sections, and the tactical aspect of planning the attack was genuine fun. Like the old days of pulling out a crazy round in Magic:TG and both of you almost being in disbelief at what just happened. Mini-victories, if you will.

Needless to say, I am really looking forward to our next session, and really glad I joined the group.

Thanks for reading. :)

was

Adventurer
Congratulations on your first game. If you're interested in playing Pathfinder Society, I hear that there is a group down at Mayhem that plays twice a month.

painted_klown

First Post
Thanks for the info Was, but I will most likely end up just playing with this group. They seem like good guys, and I don't really have the time to keep up with another game, to be honest. My work schedule is a bit weird.

Remove ads