Level Up (A5E) I spent today making the Combat Maneuvers playtest document

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is a monster of a playtest doc. 36 pages, 170 maneuvers. We won’t be asking people to evaluate them all, but we’ll ask people to pick the tradition which appeals to them and then evaluate the 17 maneuvers in that tradition. It‘ll be quite simple — just flag up the ones you think we need to look at again, and any which stick out on the stats we’ll revisit.

Right, now to proofread it!

Stalker0

Legend
This is a monster of a playtest doc. 36 pages, 170 maneuvers. We won’t be asking people to evaluate them all, but we’ll ask people to pick the tradition which appeals to them and then evaluate the 17 maneuvers in that tradition. It‘ll be quite simple — just flag up the ones you think we need to look at again, and any which stick out on the stats we’ll revisit.

Right, now to proofread it!
Hehe for us hardcore people, could I fill out the survey once for each tradition? :)

Faolyn

(she/her)
So just double-checking here: you can use multiple maneuvers in a round, right? Obviously, some require attacks, actions, bonus actions, or reactions and you only have a limited number of them, but ignoring those, you can use as many maneuvers as you can afford, right?

I decided to make another test character--a fighter--that has Dangerous Strikes, Enhanced Critical, Eye Slash, and Smart Feint. In theory, I could use all four in a single round. Smart Feint requires a bonus action and Enhanced Critical requires a reaction, but the other two have no such requirements.

Of course, I'm going by the Fighter playtest packet, and the requirements may have changed since then.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Of course, I'm going by the Fighter playtest packet, and the requirements may have changed since then.
The document has changed so much since that playtest packet, you're probably better waiting for the new one.

Horwath

Legend
Downloaded the file.

If the recap table there is lots of typos(or changes from playtest) about what classes get what degrees of maneuvers at what levels.

It will be a handful to read and appraise them all :D

Also all traditions could have class tags under them written.

Remove ads