• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble

tglassy

Explorer
Drake smiled and nodded. “Drake Flamewalker. I am a fire dancer. I’ve performed for your family on a few occasions. Understandable that you would not remember my face, seeing as I usually perform in the dark.”

Surina’s brow furrows as the newcomer speaks. Those markings on his body looked suspiciously like dragon scales. Red dragon scales. But he was clearly human and not Dragonborn. This one bore watching. Since he had addressed and Everett and not her, she turned to Swithun. “I believe you were the one who suggested that we should take a prisoner and interrogate them. Shall we do so? We need to find out what evil these lizard folk are up to and put a stop to it.”

Thateous

"Ah a performer at one of my father's soiree. How did you wind up captured?" He asks. He begins to move toward the cart and helps the people load the wagon."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Following Drake with his unsteady gait, Brother Pelegon nods at the group of adventurers. With his unwashed clothes, unshaved face and the smell of liquor, the aasimar must look like a drunken vagabond caught up in the trouble with the lizardfolk, but Perin and Surina may recognize him as the hermit who keeps to himself mostly.

"Brother Pelegon," he introduces himself to the gathering, then motions to the empty air next to him. "And this is my imaginary friend Bob. D'you happen to have any drinks? I'm parched. Must've been days since I last had any."

For a second, Pelegon fixes his gaze on Surina, his eyes almost completely white and far more sober than his manner seems to suggest... And then it vanishes as he looks away, scanning the others while appearing to stop himself from shaking.

"Was sleeping when them lizardfolk captured me. I don't even want to know what they did to my stuff -- well, the things they didn't steal, I mean."

Thateous

"Refreshments are a luxury we're too far removed from out here. Perhaps the enemy has a frog somewhere, if you're needs outweigh your sensibility. "

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Pelegon remains silent for two seconds as he seems to gauge Everett's meaning. Then the hermit starts to laugh; a pleasant, infectious laughter.

"A frog! Ha! I like your thinking. But no, I'll pass on the amphibian delicacies, thank you kindly."

Still snickering, he looks to each of the companions in turn.

"You the rescue party? I'm in your debt. Let me help you with that; I insist!"

With that, Brother Pelegon starts helping by loading the cart; at first glance carelessly and almost dropping several things, but everything gets done without incident.

Surina noticed Brother Pelegon’s attention, and frowned in concentration—the frown continued when recognition dawned. Ah yes, this was the sot who gave a bad name to good wine. And he used the title “brother” but he seemed awfully irreverent for a religious man. But, he was helping, and they did need assistance.

OOC: Surina’s not averse to helping load the wagons, but I presume that she and Swithun are going to interrogate the lizard man? Still waiting on Swithun’s answer to her question

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
OOC: Oh sorry. I thought the rest of us were "off camera" while new characters were introduced.

Swithun answered, "Of course. Let us be about it."

He tied a rope around his haunches and to the lizardman's arms, and another rope to a sturdy tree and to the lizardman's legs. Then he walked away from the tree until both ropes were taut and the lizardman was dangling, stretched a few feet off the ground.

"Wake him and ask your questions."

jmucchiello

Adventurer
One of the villager, a bit too eagerly, dumps a bucket of slop on the Lizardman's face. The lizardman gags and quickly realizes he is suspended in mid-air. He barks and grunts in Draconic, "What is this?"

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Swithun immediately began to pull - not hard enough to injure the Lizardman (yet), but hard enough to be very uncomfortable.

Surina stands before the Lizardman, with her sword drawn. She says in draconic “You have done great evil. You deserve no mercy. Tell us where you have taken the other villagers and why, and perhaps mercy will be offered despite your evil. If you do not, I will enact the justice of Essembri sooner rather than later.”

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The lizardman is looking around wild-eyed. You may have thought reptiles did not express emotion but this guy is freaking out. He looks at the dragonbord woman, sword in hand like she is a traitor to all reptile-kind. In draconic, he replies, "Why have you freed the pink skins? They would work for the glory of our lord in the swamps if not for you. Essembri smiles on our lord far more than on these filth. We do them a favor by working them in the mine."

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Ha, living among the pinks has clouded you. Essembri is the god of vengeance and who does not need more vengeance than our kind. Lord Ariamhodary (Arr Ee Ah Mo Dree is how he pronounces it) seeks to bring our kind back to dominance, as it was before the plague of warm fleshed beings swept the land." The lizardman groans as Swithun leans forward a little and then eases back. "Kill these fools. He might take you in as his mate."

Surina suppressed the sudden surge of anger and asked, “If I were interested in such a offer, where would I find this Lord Ariamhodary? And what does he want with the pinks?”

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Heh heh heh, just go east to find him," the lizardfolk says. "He needs slaves to build his glorious empire. They're squishy, but they're plentiful."

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Dispose? Such a polite word. I'm detritus you need to sweep away. You pinks think you are better than the other kinds of life. You are just as brutal. Your false sense of superiority will be your downfall." He continues to rant in a similar manner.

Thateous

Everett looks at the lizardfolk. He begins calmly but his volume grows with every word. "Forgive me. Where are my manners... ah yes that's right. All sense of politeness flew to the seven winds when your constituents decided to carve up my family." He regains his composure, having began to lean forward in his anger. His next words are calm. "I do not believe I am superior to anyone unless it is proven, ergo our superiority to you and yours, in this instance, is obvious." He looks to Surina, a ball of fire manifesting in his palm. "Are we done here?"

Advertisement