[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

SunGold

First Post
"Veit! Hey, Veit!" Bree called brightly as she saw him passing in the crowd. She was glad to see a familiar face in this sea of strangers.

She dusted the pie crumbs off her hands and dropped down off the barrel, leaving her breakfast behind. She made her way through the crowd to greet the dwarf, wanting to talk to him about the rumors concerning the forest. As she got closer, however, she realized he was looking the worse for wear this morning, and clearly needed some food before socializing.

She didn't notice until she reached him that the blonde elf was with him, too. "Oh, hello again!" she said happily, looking up at the tall fellow. Now that she got a better look at his face, she recalled meeting him on the road, but she hadn't seen his curious cloak before. He looked like he could use a meal, too.

"Join me when you've gotten some food?" she asked them, pointing to her makeshift barrel-table. "I want to talk to you about the forest, Veit."

eayres33

Explorer
Veit let out a laugh as the elf described himself as larger than life and handsome to boot, “You keep telling yourself that Veit and I’ll take the bet on you getting in trouble as well.” The elf was always getting himself into trouble, but it was never that serious and he did have quite a few connections.

Veit looked around looking at the various places to eat, “This place here, it at least smells more fair than foul, and it looks like they have ale.”

Slowing and turning slightly as he heard his name called Veit grinned as he recognized the voice as his gnome friend. “Bree good to see you, I’ll join you shortly.”

Veit walked over to counter and got some hash with some kind of meatish looking substance in it and an ale.

“Why don’t you join me and Bree, Everett, we can try to get through this meal.” Veit said as he shook his head at the food and motioned to Everett to follow him.

Thateous

Explorer
The wizard scratches his chin as the two exchange greetings. "You know her?" He says, giving the dwarf a side ward look. "Is it a height thing?" he asks jokingly as he turned to the owner who was less than thrilled at the elf's quip about stature. The proprietor was a halfling after all... "You got a problem with short people pal?" the halfling asks, aggression clear in his voice. "Oh please, it was just a joke. Or did that one go over you head." Everett says slyly. "I imagine most things do." he mumbles under his breath. "What did you say?" the halfling says, raising his voice. "Oh nothing. just give me the same as him." Everett says retrieving some copper from his purse. The halfling pauses for a long moment before begrudgingly giving Everett his order. "Thanks" he says as the halfling turns his nose at the noble, turning to help the next customer.

Following behind Veit he says, "Some people just can't take a joke. I mean clearly I have nothing against the short people... I am traveling around with a dwarf." He takes a quick bite of the hash and winces a bit at the taste. "It's times like this I wish i knew that presti-whatever spell." he says between chews before swallowing hard. "Alright Veit, I shall grace with my company for a little longer if you introduce me to your little friend." he says.

TallIan

Explorer
Perin arrived in Bit just as one could say it was starting to bustle. He'd need to sort out some lodging for the night. Just then a flash of fireworks drew his attention, that way seemed as good as any. As he walked along he noticed two familiar faces and one he didn't know sitting around a crude table eating, apparently waited on by a floating cloak. He walked up to them, "A bit early for lunch?" he joked. "Bree." he greeted. "Viet,
I believe I still owe you an ale."

SunGold

First Post
"Hi Perin!" Bree said cheerfully when the halfling joined them. She was surprised he was in town when there were so many people about, but glad to see him nonetheless.

"Prestidigitation?" Bree asked Everett when he complained about his food. She grinned and cast the spell over his hash, making it warmer, more flavorful, and just a touch spicy. "Try it now!" she said excitedly. She had played with her new magic on the entire walk from the forest, but it was especially fun to get to use it for other people.

"Oh yeah...I have magic now!" she said to Perin and Veit, as if casting the spell reminded her to tell them. "So I came here to get some armor"--she knocked on her studded leather armor, clearly proud of her new acquisition--"and figure out what to do with my magic. But just when I leave the forest...now I hear something's wrong there. I'm worried. Have you guys heard anything about that?" she asked, looking from Perin to Veit.

"I'm Breealee, by the way," she added to Everett, having forgotten to introduce herself in her excitement. "But everyone just calls me Bree. It's short, like me."

Thateous

Explorer
Everett's face contorts in confusion as another vertically challenged individual walks up and joins them at the table. "A dwarf, a Halfling, and a gnome... sounds like the beginning of a bad joke." he thought. "Nice to make your acquaintance Miss Bree. My name is Everett of the Tommilson family." he says before taking a bite of the re-flavored hash. "Wow!"he exclaims. "I will have to be sure to learn that spell immediately."

As the Halfling joins the makeshift table Everett says, "Another joins the table, now the party can begin."Taking another generous bite of hash, he looks around the table as he says, ""We're looking like quite the interesting troupe."

TallIan

Explorer
"I'd noticed tings were a little different recently, I haven't been able to find out why. Hopefully someone here will have something useful to say." Perin says in reply to Bree's question. "You got digs yet? I don't really want to carry this around all days." he nudges his pack with his boot. "I have some things to take care of, but I was thinking of seeing Gurum's Golems later. Get there early and talk to locals and visitors before the ale kicks in and the wilder theories start to surface."

The fair elf interjects with a comment about the food then introduces himself. "Perin." says Perin, realising he hadn't introduced himself to the elf.

SunGold

First Post
"I don't have anywhere to stay yet," Bree replies. "Just got here this morning, but the inns are packed, of course. If nothing else, I've got a tent," she says, tapping her pack with a smile. "What about you two?" she asks, looking to Everett and Veit.

eayres33

Explorer
Veit chuckles softly as Everett makes a joke about the group at the table, before he begins to eat his hash and think about what Bree was saying about the forest.

“Perin!, I think you do still owe me that ale,” Veit said with smile as he saw the halfling at the table.

Taking a drink of ale Veit wipes his beard, “I have a little place not too far from her that I rent, it’s a bedroom and an office nothing special. You could both squeeze in there for a night or two if you can’t find anything more suitable.”

“I haven’t heard anything about the forest but I just got back into town recently, had been doing some work in the big city. I have heard some other disturbing things about the Leed Crossing skiffs not coming in yet.”

Veit paused to take another drink, “I wonder if they could be related?”

Thateous

Explorer
"Perin, nice to meet you. Say, you wouldn't happen to be related to that halfling over there, would you?" Everett asks, indicating the booth where the food was purchased. He looks over the crowd as he points barely spotting the stall and the halfling before turning back and looking down at the halfling... "Oh, uh sorry, guess you can't see him..." he says slightly embarrassed with himself. Again Winston, the flying squirrel takes both his little hands and covers his face.

"As far as rumors i only know what my talkative peers whisper. Old man Rillstone finally bit the dust. I don't look forward to attending that funeral." he says, shaking his head before continuing. "Word also has it that Eliana Puth'Sayol is engaged and not too happy with the arrangement." he says in a high pitched voice, clearly mocking the pompous person who spread the bit of gossip.

He continues to dig into his hash a bit more as the question of housing comes up. "Well Monti Sellerus might have a bit of a fit but there is room at the Tommilson Estate on Governor's Island. I mean I'm only forbidden from bringing certain company over. I mean after what happened last time... there's a night I won't soon forget." he says scratching his chin, a sly smirk on his face. He shakes his head to force the thoughts away and focus on the present. He looks from Perin to Bree before speaking, "Perhaps we could stop by now so you can drop your things?"

Remove ads