[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina followed the others who chose to show themselves. She was not convinced Swithun had made the best choice, but she would not hide while others risked their lives.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"We gave the others a chance for peace." Swithun whispered back, "Should we not offer the same chance to all?"
Pelegon shrugs. Inside, pride that the centaur goes for the peaceful way is warring with fear and anger over what to him is clearly a suicidal move. So the aasimar remains quiet.

Bob is gonna love this, he thinks to himself, expecting his angelic guide to praise him in his dreams. If we survive.

One of the guards puts a hand out and indicates the others should lower their weapons. They comply but could easily raise those crossbows in an instant. The guard steps forward toward Swithun. "You others stay back," he says to the party. "Horse man says we must speak? So speak." You sense he is somewhat amused by this situation.

There are no windows in the barracks but you hear people moving around inside. A few shouts of "Run, you fools," and "Kill them, kill them now," can be heard. Two of the guard bang on the door and shout, "Be quiet." The voice are stilled by this command.

The guard who ran off is no longer in sight.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun knew that he had very little chance for success, and very little time, but he felt that the chance to make peace with these folk was worth at least a quick try.

"Stand aside." he instructed the guard, "I will be taking your prisoners. You may send a group to parlay afterward and we will discuss. But right now you must move aside."

Last edited:

Some of the other lizardfolk laugh at Swithun's statement. Another translates to those who don't laugh, who then laugh. The guy who seems to be in charge says, "Is that so? You're here to liberate them, I suppose? And I'm supposed to just let them go. There won't be any consequences for me if I let them just walk out of here, right?

"Drop your weapons and maybe we can discuss your new living quarters."
In Draconic, he says, "Kill them all. But keep the horseman alive. The king needs a new jester."

GM: Initiative seems to be in order. Unless someone thinks they can extend this parley :)

Remove ads